Operator 1 – Dump Truck Jobs at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
|Position||Operator 1 – Dump Truck|
|Contract type & Duration||Specified time contract (1 Year)|
|Department||Open Pit Mining|
|Reporting to||Shift Supervisor – Mining.|
|Number of Positions||Seven (7)|
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• To operate dump truck for the purpose of mining operations, to perform preventive and general inspection on equipment, delivering work to plan and ensuring safety processes and practices are followed.
• Form IV Certificate or above
• The incumbent must have valid Tanzania driving license Class B, D, F & G.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in operating CAT 785 Dump Truck.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Take reasonable care to protect his or her health and safety, and that of other persons who may be affected by any act or omission thereof during performance of duty.
• Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
• Perform safety pre-start checks on equipment.
• Report faults in equipment timeously to supervisor or dispatch.
• Comply with standard Operating Procedures and working Practices.
• Minimize spotting, maneuverings, dumping and refueling times.
• Work collaterally with Excavator operator to ensure trucks are loaded at optimal capacity.
• Demonstrate competency in operating modular according to standards.
• Respond to dispatch requests timeously.
• Always adhere to lawful production instructions.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Time and Priority Management.
• Interpersonal Skills
• Field Observational skills
• Timely decision-making
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Attention to Details
• Working with minimum supervision
• Heavy equipment operation skills
• An Awareness of Safety Requirements.
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Associate Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested applicants? Click here to apply