The Director of Operations Jobs at Hyatt Regency oversees hotel services from all operations departments from the Rooms & F&B Division. Maximizes room revenues & occupancy by analyzing daily status rates & makes adjustments accordingly. Manages large events & ensures high volume occupancy special requirements. Analyzes rate variances, monitors credit reports & maintains close observation of daily house counts.
Coordinates major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, & equipment changes. Conducts Operations meetings, including monthly financial review with subordinate managers & hotel directors. Prepares revenue & occupancy forecasting & monitors labor expenses through schedule approval process. Hires, manages & trains subordinate managers & colleagues.
• Directs the operations ensuring profitability, efficiency and adherence to established standards.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that all work practices meet or exceed the established standards.
• Refines and enhances the functions of the Operations team, placing an emphasis on teamwork, departmental cooperation, forward planning, effective budgeting and enhanced productivity; including the establishment of procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow both within and across departments.
• Aggressively seeks out new programs and sources of earned revenue that support and enhance the company’s priorities; develops business plans detailing opportunities and implements new revenue generating programs across all departments.
• Develops, recommends, and implements the department budget and revenue forecasts. Develops and implements controls for expense management. Utilizes labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
• Ensures that the day-to-day operations of the departments are achieved qualitatively, effectively and within budgetary guidelines established in collaboration with the General Manager.
• Partner with Operations leaders to ensure the all metrics are achieved; actively contributes to and supports the operations strategic plans and initiatives.
• Ensures the highest quality guest experience possible by championing and delivering on a culture of service and efficiency within the operation.
• Ensures consistency in each department and partner with operational leaders to prepare and administer the annual budget for the Department.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
• 6 years or more of progressive hotel operations experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in a senior role in a hotel rooms area
• With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
• Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
• Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skill.
|Experience in Months||72|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested applicants? Click here to apply