Deputy Medical Coordinator Jobs at Médecins Sans Frontières Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. Fully assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence.
• Minimum Educational Qualification: Essential degree in medicine. Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset
• Experience: Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, preferably in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
• Languages: English and Swahili (speak, read and write), French will be an asset
• Essential computer literacy
• Strategic vision
• People management and development
• Service oriented
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Essential computer literacy
• Adequate knowledge of Tanzanian Health Sector including emergency response.
• Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
• Support the medical coordinator in monitoring of public health emergencies, be part of the investigation team and initial response, where it will be seen necessary for MSF to intervene
• At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
• Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
• Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
• Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
• Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
• Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
• People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree.
Job application procedure
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday November 06th 2023 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “DEPUTY MEDICAL COORDINATOR”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or MSF Office-LIWALE