Administration & Logistics Officer job at Mott MacDonald Phase one of EQUIP-Tanzania covered 4500 primary schools in seven regions. The second phase connected primary schools in two further regions, bringing the total to more than 5000 and covering over 3.2M students.
Administration & Logistics Officer job at Mott MacDonald
• Carry out routine tasks to ensure that the Shule Bora office is a safe working environment
• Complete weekly stock reports on office supplies
• Carry out general office duties as requested by the Operations Manager
• Provide support to the procurement activities.
• Liaise with finance team on payments to vendors/suppliers
• Monitor and keep accurate records of the Programme Asset & inventory Registers.
• Support the delivery arrangements of all goods including printed materials.
• Establish a good working relationship with suppliers, including the establishment of maintenance agreements for items such as generators, ICT equipment etc.
Events and Logistics
• Supporting the Technical Team in the organisation of events, meetings and workshops.
• Liaising with hotels and accommodation providers
• Support the Operations Manager and Assistant Project Manager in the effective mobilisation of international staff and sub-consultants coming from overseas, including
• Communications with UK team members for support with visa applications, flight bookings, and security briefings.
• Management and timely communication of local arrangements such as airport transfers and hotel bookings.
• Supporting the development and regular update of welcome packs and induction information.
• Supporting sub-consultants with their administration and other arrangements
• Managing the mobile communications (office phones, phone credit, internet, etc)
• Manage meeting room bookings, and ensure the room is set up as per need.
• Maintain operations records in accordance with Mott MacDonald processes and procedures
• Supporting in the ethics, transparency and accountability principles of the Programme and of Cambridge Education (Mott MacDonald);
• Be proactive and responsive to performing any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Senior Management Team.
• Proven experience in an administrative or operations role
• Experience in finance e.g., supporting payments, handling petty cash etc. highly desirable
• Experience handling logistical challenges in Tanzania and in negotiating to ensure efficient use of resources
• Experience of organising events – managing bookings, invitations, advertising, printing, and on-the-day requirements
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
• Proficient in using MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong organisational skills, reliability, and adherence to ethical standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili preferred.
• Experience of public sector (Governmental) processes e.g., for invitations to an event, or for requests to high-level officials
• Experience of working on donor-funded programmes in multi-national teams.
• Basic knowledge of the Education Sector in Tanzania
• Ability to draft letters in English and Swahili
• Ability to draft processes and procedures in English and Swahili.
• Bachelor`s degree in Administration studies, Logistics or related field
Worklocation: Singida or Katavi or Mara.
Application closing date: 13 October 2023.
|Experience in Months||36|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply