Consultant Lead Consultant Jobs at Helen Keller International At Helen Keller Intl, we are guided by the fierce optimism of our co-founder, Helen Keller, who advocated for people who would have otherwise been left behind.
Today, inequities in health and food systems rob more than one billion people around their world from their right to achieve good health, sound nutrition, and discover their own, true potential. Improving those systems are the only way to improve lives on a large scale and for the long term.
Consultant Lead Consultant Jobs at Helen Keller International
Scope of Work
This term of reference focuses in seeking technical leadership to support Identifying bottlenecks in health service delivery that affect implementation of VAS.
Consultants will work closely with the Regional Secretariat and local government under the overall guidance and oversight from Helen Keller INTL through a consultative process and will be specifically responsible for the following:
• Conduct detailed bottleneck analysis based on WHO analytical framework which disaggregates the health system into six core components also referred to as building blocks, leadership, and governance (stewardship), service delivery, health workforce, health information system, medical products, vaccines and technologies, and health system financing.
• The consultant will liaise with all the district government and partners involved in VAS implementation to identify the bottlenecks in implementing Child Health and Nutrition Month (CHNM).
• Draft the report identifying all bottle necks in the health systems. The report shall inform the resource needs, scope and government capacity to implement strategy, including Human Resources, financing, supplies, governance, information systems, M&E and capacity building.
• Based on the findings, the draft report shall include recommendations on the scope of coverage, package content, targets as well as assumptions and risks.
• Share findings with the Regional Health Management Team and Helen Keller INTL.
• Protocol and approved IRB
• Data Collection Report
• An organized Data Set including all original transcripts.
• Detailed BNA Report
• A set of Practical Recommendation to inform Implementation of Pilot Routine VAS.
• At least a Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Health System and Public health or a related field (PhD is an added advantage).
• At least 5 years of professional experience working on multi-faceted projects including activities related to the development of government policies, strategies, budgets, and/or plans
• Experience in carrying out similar studies in Tanzania/East Africa
• Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication, presentation, facilitation and writing skills.
• Strong experience coordinating activities with multiple stakeholders to optimize use of limited resources.
• Experience working effectively in partnership with collaborating organizations including government officials, international donors and agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of multi-sectoral nutrition is a plus
• Ability to respond rapidly to shifting implementation scenarios.
• Excellent English language skills
• This position is based in Dar es Salaam; he/she must be willing to be in Mara during data collection.
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Postgraduate Degree|
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter, Resume and a 5-page concept Note detailing how they will carry out the assignment, plan of work and high-level budget to TZ.Recruitment@hki.org by 7th October 2023.