System Analyst– Information Technology at Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General, and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO-certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges –
The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and the Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality, and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for the role of System Analyst– Information Technology, Jubilee Life Insurance Corporation, Tanzania.
The position holder will report to the:
Administratively: – Chief Operating Officer.
Technically: – Senior Manager – Long-term Applications
The analyst is responsible for identifying and implementing application solutions to solve business problems and to make business operations more efficient. The individual is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging new functionality, enhancements, customizations, interfaces, batch processes, queries, and reports. The role will also be expected to optimize network performance, ensure operational efficiency, maintain regulatory and audit compliance and any other duties allocated by the business.
- Responsible for the Life Systems for Tanzania.
- Development of design structure after understanding business requirements.
- Ensuring best practices in Life Systems.
- Reporting for all the weekly tasks in the form of accurate and detailed reports.
- To keep a check on the whole system, conduct the testing and integration testing for the entire system.
- The interface between the vendors team and other third-party vendors and management.
- Participates in creating new products and services where technology is concerned.
- Contributing to smooth business operations.
- Working on identifying the project risk and planning mitigation action with any project manager at the project level.
- Installation and configuration of software packages and fixes.
- Set up of accounts in Life Systems & Quarterly recertification of Life System Users.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to project requirements.
- Troubleshoot system issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access control and backups.
- Build technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Troubleshoot and investigate defects in Life Systems.
- Develop and implement test plans for functional application areas and document testing failures.
- Determine, analyze, and record problems with program/module function.
- Interact with system vendor development team, project management, and customer stakeholders.
- Conduct new functionality and regression tests, determine and report issues for follow-up.
- Oversee Life Systems performance for efficient and problem-free operations.
- Requirements gathering of system enhancements, Validating, and verifying requirements before sending them to the system provider.
- Business partnering and benefits realization of requested features.
Classified as Confidential Recipient Only
Key Competencies for the Position:
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a recognized University
- OCA–Oracle Certified Associate in PL/SQL.
- Project management.
- Information and knowledge management.
- Operations and service management.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, unit test, and deploy Oracle apps using Oracle tools such as Oracle PL/SQL, Reports, Workflow, XML Publisher, JDeveloper, SOA, WebLogic and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Strong knowledge of Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using UNIX shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL Loader
- 4+ years’ experience hands-on experience in technology and business fields in Oracle 12c & Oracle 19c
- Expert in using tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator & SQL Plus
- Experience in query optimization, performance and tuning (PL/SQL)
- Working knowledge of Web Logic, Apache, PHP / MySQL programming
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via: email@example.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 25th October 2023.