Principal, Head, Treasury-Markets job at Standard Chartered
Head of Treasury Markets Tanzania.
• TM acts as guardian of the Group’s balance sheet and liquidity by driving asset liability management that is transparent, trusted and well respected. TM is the first line of defence responsible for managing the short-term liquidity position of the Bank.
Lead the Treasury Markets Desk in the implementation of its strategy for optimal management of the country Balance Sheet. This covers the management of liquidity, credit and interest rate mismatches, as well as own account discretionary investment positions. Assuming overall responsibility for Treasury Markets activities.
People and Talent
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Ensure Travel and Entertainment related expenses always comply with policy. This includes, where required pre-approval of client entertainment and recording in the appropriate registry.
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, must have awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them. This role entails managing multiple Financial Markets risks including liquidity risk, market access risk, maturity concentration risk and interest rate risk of the Bank’s Balance Sheet.
• Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Tanzania Treasury Markets team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Head of Financial Markets
• Treasury Markets and Financial Markets Traders
• Regional and Country Treasury Risk
• Country ALCO members
• Financial Markets Operations
• TM PGC members and Heads of TM in Group hubs
• Business Heads
• FM COO Team
• Treasurers and Dealers of other local banks and financial institutions
• Regulatory bodies
• Central Bank
• Money brokers
• Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Tanzania Treasury Markets team; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• FM Front Office Supervisor Responsibilities
• This role has been identified as a Financial Markets ‘Front Office Supervisor’ and as such has associated with it a series of specific supervisory responsibilities in addition to any current employee / management responsibilities within the Bank. Periodically the holder of this role will be required to attest that they understand their specific supervisor responsibilities and that they will execute these diligently. For the avoidance of doubt these Front Office Supervisory Responsibilities supplement and do not replace those outlined in this Job Description as well as any other applicable core employee/management responsibilities associated to employment with the Bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
• University degree in a commercial / financial discipline with good analytical skills and ability to make speedy and accurate decisions under pressure.
• Job involves knowing, predicting, and reacting to interest rates changes and trends and subsequent taking of appropriate trading/investment positions to minimise interest rate risk.
• Good knowledge of banking and the mechanics of the money market operations.
• The individual should also possess the ability to analyse and interpret economic data. Computer literary a must.
• The individual should be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Possession of good interpersonal skills, communication skills and ability to convince others are pre-requisites.
• Good judgement of opportunities arising in the market and act quickly to convert it into deals.
• Ability to analyse market trends and information to further business growth.
• Ability to manage the team and encourage working together; ability to motivate team members to perform to their fullest capabilities.
• Liaise effectively with other areas of the Bank to enlarge the client portfolio.
• Should be able to advise the Treasurer on an ongoing basis about market conditions and trends so that appropriate strategies can be put in place.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Manage Conduct
• Manage Risk
• Manage People
• Risk Management – Market and Liquidity
• Business – Market Knowledge (SIF)
• Business – Manage Projects
• Financial – Balance Sheet Management
• Financial – Yield Curves
• FM – Bank Treasury Management (Asset and Liability Management)
• FM – Economic Analysis and Macroeconomics
• FM – Technical Analysis
• FM – Fixed Income Analysis
• FM – Forwards and Futures (Hedging)
• FM – Products (Foreign Exchange)
• FM – Products (Interest Rate and Currency Swaps)
• FM – Products (Money Markets)
• FM – Product Knowledge (Securities Lending and Repo Transactions)
• FM – Product Knowledge (Securitization)
• FM – Product Knowledge (Structured Derivative Notes and Swaps)
• Treasury Operations – Capital Management
• Treasury Operations – Liquidity Management
• Treasury Operation – Financial Products and Markets
• Treasury Operations – Governance, Regulation and Risk Management (Regulatory Compliance)
• Treasury Operations – Governance, Regulation and Risk Management (Risk and Control)
|Job Experience||No Requirements|
|Experience in Months||Level of Education|
Job application procedure
Interested applicants?Click here to apply