Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes in the community and the most vulnerable.
Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs. Its Maternity and Newborn Wing serves as a referral centre for high risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
In line with further expansion of Ophthalmology and Optical services,
CCBRT is looking for a dynamic and experianced Optometrist to treat patients with refractive errors and prescribe appropriate glasses. The role
- Refraction for all Inpatients and Outpatients.
- Performing both objective and subjective refraction for all patients. Evaluating refractive error and documenting in respective files correctly Performing additional tests and examinations as required.
- Assisting colleague optometrist in their daily routine work.
- Degree or Diploma of Optometry
- Minimum of 1 year post-intern working experience with reputable organisation.
- Registered with the Optometry council
- Computer Literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and writtern communication skills (bot English and Swahili)
- Team worker with client focus
- A pro-active attitude and eagerness to work
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment.
Please indicate job reference number: 2023 -29|DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 31, 023 (selection process might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)