Environmental Manager Jobs at Mantra Nafasi za kazi Mantra Tanzania: Learn more about Mantra Tanzania and its vacancies, take a look and apply to Mantra Tanzania jobs in Tanzania.
- JOB VACANCY – ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER
- Environmental Manager Environment
- Mkuju River Project (MRP)
- Project and Construction Manager
Environmental Manager Jobs at Mantra
To establish and manage the implementation of the site’s environmental management strategy in accordance with governmental
legislation, company standards and IS014001 EMS standard.
- Responsible for compiling and executing the site’s environmental management strategy and implementation of ISO 14001 EMS Standard.
- Responsible for the supervision and people management of departmental staff as per company standards.
- Facilitates the completion of 100% of the agreed upon program objectives by providing clear and continuous direction to Mantra staff and contractors.
- Participates in the department’s annual budget preparation and monthly tracking.
- Manages contractors and consultants as per the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the roll out and ongoing management of the site’s waste management programme, ensuring that it meets NEMC and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the site’s water management programme, ensuring that it meets the Water Utilization, Water Quality Standard and National Environmental Management Act regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the site’s clean air programme, ensuring that it meets the requirements of the Air Quality Standards and National Environmental Management Act.
- Provision of timely environmental technical support to Mantra’s transmission assets. This support to be provided in the areas of regulatory compliance, compliance reporting, testing, E data management enforcement action response and regulatory agency mediation.
- Responsible for the management of all departmental EHS documentation, including contract administration. This function to be managed in accordance with specific company guidelines.
- Responsible for preparing internal and external report and submit on time as required by laws & regulations.
- Ensure that department employees develop and through proper trainings & development programs obtain high degree of confidences when performing their normal duties.
- Relevant Bachelor of Science Degree
- Master’s degree in science/environment will be an added advantage
- 10 Years experience in a senior position.
- 3 Years experience supervising/managing professional and administrative staff.
- Experience in the application of EHS management systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Environmental regulations
- Knowledge on IS014001 EMS implementation process
- Limited knowledge of H&S regulations
- Audit/EMS management systems
- Management skills.
Deadline for submission is 13th October 2023 at 17.00hours. Applications to be submitted to the following e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org or physically to Mantra offices located on the 02nd Floor, Masaki Ikon Building, Bains Singh Avenue, Masaki.