Budget & Finance Assistant Jobs at WHO WHO also offers wide range of benefits to staff, including parental leave and attractive flexible work arrangements to help promote a healthy work-life balance and to allow all staff members to express and develop their talents fully.
Budget & Finance Assistant Jobs at WHO
Job Description – Budget & Finance Assistant (2308759)
Budget & Finance Assistant – (2308759)
|Contractual Arrangement||Fixed-term appointment|
|Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)||2 years|
|Job Posting||Sep 27, 2023, 5||46||57 PM|
|Closing Date||Oct 11, 2023, 12||59||00 AM|
|Primary Location||Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Support financial management through;Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure e-Imprestrecords are up-to-date and fully balanced;
- Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organization To ensure that are promptly recovered e.g. Staff telephone bills;
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices and monitors all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices,contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and are in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.Liaison with GSC for all payments that are due to suppliers;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; response to enquiries; provision of advice and guidance to clients in the Country Office And performing closely related tasks.
- Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g. DFCs, DIs, Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and operating procedures of organization;
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- Desirable: Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.and preferably with several years’ experience in WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules,regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Travel and Procurement would be an asset. Experiencein WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources;
- to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision;
- to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software;
- to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Expert knowledge of Swahili.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at TZS 46,026,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
In case the website does not display properly, please retry by: (i) checking that you have the latest version of the browser installed (Chrome, Edge or Firefox); (ii) clearing your browser history and opening the site in a new browser (not a new tab within the same browser); or (iii) retry accessing the website using Mozilla Firefox browser or using another device. Click this link for detailed guidance on completing job applications: Instructions for candidates