Zonal Manager Vacancy at PATH Trust 2023
Zonal Manager Vacancy at PATH Trust 2023, The job holder is responsible for overseeing the zonal key performance strategic goals that include zonal employees’ supervision, developing and attaining Business growth goals, managing the PASS (Private Agricultural Support Sector) Trust Credit Guarantee portfolio risks, delivering customer experience and management of client account relationship with partner institutions within Their jurisdiction.
Job Title: Zonal Manager
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Location: Zonal offices
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ZONAL MANAGER WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1. In close liaison with the PASS Trust Business Development Director, plan the
Business operation program for the branch in accordance with overall PASS Annual
business plan and ensure that key performance indicators are achieved.
2. Proactively build and maintain effective working relationships with all agricultural/
agro-business stakeholders in the respective Zone to develop the visibility and
growth of PASS Trust business.
3. Implementing PASS Trust strategy of acquiring and maintaining the credit guarantee
portfolio and fulfilling clients’ requests, proper maintenance, recovery solutions
where necessary professionally.
4. Ensure daily zonal operational activities are managed in an effective and efficient
5. Execute the zonal employee’s supervision to ensure employees comply to the PASS
Trust human resources policy.
6. Review work performance of staff in the zonal office including their development,
deployment, appraisal, training, and welfare in line with the PASS Trust objectives.
7. Ensure that branch assets- office equipment, stationery etc. are in proper order. Pay
specific attention to safety of vehicles ensuring strict control on movement of same
through logbooks and it being used for official purpose only.
8. Articulate business knowledge and ensure zonal teams advise clients on financial
and economic trends that could affect their businesses and assisting clients to
acquiring credit facilities from collaborating Banks.
9. With assistance from Finance department, ensure that the accounts officer is
maintaining proper books of accounts including basic accounting controls like daily
verification of cash in hand, bank reconciliation statements, accounting of receipt/
10. Ensure that expenditures are incurred within limits of the sanctioned budget and
within the approved limit. She/ He will ensure timely submission of various periodical
reports-finance and accounting, operational results as required for monitoring and
11. Manage the budget under him/her which include recommendation of invoices for
payments and proposals/quotes, preparation of budgets for the unit and give inputs
to the overall Trust activity plans and budgets.
12. Making pre-evaluations of proposals presented for support and assisting
entrepreneurs in improving the proposals intoBusinessPlan of acceptable standards.
The utmost care must betaken toensure proper screening and analysis ofapplication
to control the level of default to a maximum of 5% per officer and for the branch and
PASS in general.
13. Identify entities, key stakeholders, and Partners in the Agri value chain with potential
to bring impact in the agriculture sector.
14. Ability to identify opportunities within the PASS Trust ecosystem. She/ He should
ensure that, all necessary and relevant Trust records are kept and updated as
15. Identification and preparation of solutions for solving bottlenecks in agricultural value
chains e.g., production, market access, processing, appropriate mechanization etc.
16. Liaise with relevant key local authorities in the respective zones to identify and
promote investments in agriculture and agro business in the zone. This will include
commerce, training centers, MVIWATA, Agricultural officers, Traders, processors etc.
17. Marketing of PASS products and services, Promoting and informing the role of PASS
Trust to the agricultural sector, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients,
participating in key stakeholders’ forums and financial institutions etc.
18. Monitor the performance of Loan portfolio, follow up with the partners financial
institutions, tracking and identifying portfolio guarantee from partner financial
institutions. Analysis and reporting classification of loan portfolio
19. Supervise BDOs (Business Development Officer) to monitor performance of the
clients to ensure that implementation of the investments is as proposed in the
business plans and budgets. If not, remedial measures be taken promptly.
20. Undertake supervisory role to support portfolio management and support services,
including preparing reports and briefs, coordinating resources, maintaining
documentation, and contributing to the implementation and monitoring of portfolio
21. Ensure that the branch activities adhere to approved PASS policies and procedures
as given in government manuals, staff regulations, finance, and accounting manual
22. Creating business development plans and forecasting targets and growth projections
from the available business pipeline
23. Implementing an acquisition strategy focused on building and maintaining high
quality with long-term relationships with customers.
24. Liaising with colleagues to develop new business and marketing strategies to
achieve the desired business key performing indicators.
25. Attending events such as exhibitions and conferences that will provide constructive
linkages to the agriculture stakeholders.
26. Promote Intensive Green Growth to partners bank and in a working environment.
27. Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. A business development specialist with good knowledge /Experience in Tanzanian
agriculture and agribusiness development, in business planning, project analysis,
evaluation and monitoring.
2. A good academic background, minimum, bachelor’s degree /postgraduate
qualification in economics, agricultural economics, business administration, Finance,
Accounts, Banking, or any similar related qualification backed up with extensive
experience in business development/Sales.
3. Knowledge in agricultural financing and experience in facilitation of lending to
smallholder farmers including experience in negotiating with banks.
4. Minimum 6 years’ experience in business development, credit analysis and or
relationship banking at managerial level.
5. Adequate experience in agricultural supply chain interventions for enhancement of
micro, small and medium scale agricultural development.
6. Computer literacy with good analytics skills on excel.
HOW TO APPLY:
PASS Trust is an equal opportunity employer, and the positions are open to all. Qualified candidates should visit our website https://www.pass.or.tz/vacancies.
and submit a CV and cover letter on or before 12th February 2023. Also note that, as per PASS Trust commitment to Inclusive Green Growth (IGG) strategy to
avoid printing of papers, we will only accept electronic applications and not physical applications. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted
will be contacted.