Senior Restricted Funding Compliance Advisor at WaterAid August 2023, Tanzania Jobs, Administration Jobs, WaterAid Fursa We are committed to being an organisation where everyone is included, respected, and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate our staff, partners and everyone we work with, and create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential
- Senior Restricted Funding Compliance Advisor
- Contract: Permanent, Full time
Location: The role can be based anywhere that WaterAid has a country office, subject to right to work eligibility in the respective countries. Priority will be given to candidates based in countries within Africa, as the main region the role will support is West Africa.
Salary and benefits: This role is Grade 3 in the UK which is equivalent to a Grade F in Country Programmes. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale and depend on experience. See examples below of annual salary ranges:
- Kenya, Nairobi: 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 KES plus benefits
- Nigeria, Abuja: 13,236,668 to 16,868,287 NGN plus benefits
- Ghana, Accra: 148,580 to 233,223 GHS plus benefits
- Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam: 78,198,768 to 99,291,733 TZS plus benefits
- United Kingdom, London: 45,579 to 47,858 GBP plus benefits
About WaterAid Want to use your skills in restricted funding management and compliance to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as a Senior Restricted Funding Compliance Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team the Contracts & Compliance unit supports management and country teams to make sure we have the right policies, tools and training in place to effectively manage the restricted funding we secure so that WaterAid can effectively deliver on its mission.
As our diligent and tenacious Senior Restricted Funding Compliance Advisor you will oversee and improve WaterAid UK’s internal restricted funding management processes as well as developing and delivering training and capacity building across WaterAid country programmes, embedding cost recovery best practice and any other compliance risk related ad hoc work and projects as necessary.
About the role in this role, you will work closely with country and regional teams to develop a keen understanding of the compliance risk across two main WaterAid UK regions (Southern Africa & West) and focus on strengthening capacity and reducing compliance risk related to restricted funding management. You will also work closely with finance colleagues to help to embed cost recovery best practice.
Contract Management Compliance Technical Support
- Leading the risk assessment, review and direction for negotiation of complex funding agreements including multi-country and commercial contracts
- Work with finance colleagues to embed cost recovery policy and best practice across WaterAid UK through targeted and general capacity building and communications
Restricted Funding Risk Reduction
- Working closely with other teams (e.g. Finance, Legal, Internal Audit) to ensure WaterAid rules maximise compliance with standard terms and conditions in contracts
- Analysing any new donor compliance requirements among WaterAid’s main donors to determine and flag wher donor requirements are stricter than WaterAid rules
- Developing training and tools for country/regional teams on specific donor compliance requirements
- Support International Programme Department Senior Management Team with the monitoring and management of high-risk contracts
- Working closely with colleagues in Bid Management and Country/Regional Teams, assess risk in new funding opportunities / contracts
Enabling Grant/Contract Management Devolution
- Ensure integration of grant/contract management processes, materials and training with Programme, Finance and Internal Audit and promote to colleagues managing restricted funding in country teams WaterAid Fursa
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard, or equivalent work experience
- Highly numerate, preferably with a financial background
- Experience of developing and delivering training to diverse audiences
- Experience of reviewing and advising on risk related to funding agreements, preferably (but not necessarily) in the field of international development
- Experience of working with commercial contracts and complex funding modalities such as payment by results
- Good working knowledge of FCDO, EU and USAID donor rules
- Experience of managing and maintaining grant / contract management processes
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, and ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in supporting country teams in setting up processes in grant/contract management and resolving issues
- Methodical, thorough, and excellent organisational skills, with ability to work on own initiative to meet deadlines
- Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation
How to apply: To see the full job description, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.WaterAid Fursa
Pre-employment screening, in order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the respective countries. All our UK based vacancies require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with our Safer Recruitment policy. Closing Date: Applications will close at 23:59 on 11th September 2023. Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis and the application process will close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date.
An inclusive workplace:
We are committed to being an organisation where everyone is included, respected, and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate our staff, partners and everyone we work with, and create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential.WaterAid Fursa
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
READ ALSO: CRDB Jobs Vacancies August 2023