Operations Associate, National Volunteer Job at UNDP August 2023, UNDP Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), obtain relevant clearances and verify performance appraisals for selected candidates, ensuring they match established standards of competence and integrit
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. It provides expert advice, training, and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide identification and recruitment services in adherence to established UN Volunteers Conditions of Service, regulations and policies;
- Verify quality and consistency of Description of Assignments (DOAs), and provide guidance on designing DOAs to UN host entities, UNV Regional Offices and Field Units;
- Advertise relevant assignments in line with established processes;
- Identify suitable candidates for national UN Volunteer assignments in diverse areas of expertise and for various host entities, as per corporate Key Performance Indicators, and according to DOA requirements and in compliance with UNV Recruitment and Selection policy;
- Check references, obtain relevant clearances and verify performance appraisals for selected candidates, ensuring they match established standards of competence and integrity;
- Alert supervisor about deficiencies or risks, liaise with Regional Offices and Field Units on exceptional situations and provide guidance on applicable regulations, rules and policies to ensure full compliance with accountability framework;
- Keep relevant parties updated on status of identification and negotiate adjustments when required;
- Record actions and data in the volunteer management systems;
- Facilitate timely resolution of queries related to volunteer recruitment.
Required Skills and Experience
Education Secondary education with technical training in human resources, business administration or related areas; University degree in human resources, business or public administration, or related area is desirable but is not a requirement. UNDP Vacancies
- 6 years of relevant experience in personnel and/or business administration;
- Alternatively, may be accepted bachelor’s degree in combination with 3 years of relevant experience in personnel and/or business administration;
- Experience in MS Office 365;
- Knowledge of the conditions of service of the UN Common System or of international organizations would be an asset;
- Experience in recruitment would be an asset.
- Experience working in web-based management systems would be an asset;
- Experience working with volunteers would be an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in another official UN language or in a dominant language in the region would be an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.