Young Graduate – Instrumentation Engineer at Total Energies August 2023, Total Energies Young Graduate, Ensuring day-to-day supervision of plant technicians during maintenance with focus on safety. Follow-up of work requests and work orders on DimoMX software, analyze reports and update the KPIs,
Total Energies Young Graduate
- Country: Tanzania
- Workplace location: DAR ES SALAAM-NELSON MANDELA RD(TZA)
- Domain: Maintenance / Inspection / Technology
- Location: Tanzania
- Experience: Less than 3 years
- bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher learning institution preferably in Electrical, Electronics or Electro-Mechanical with deep understanding in instrumentation.
- Must have a good command of English language (speaking and writing) and should be an effective communicator.
- Computer skills, conversant with Microsoft word, power point and excel.
- Competent in computer aided design (CAD) softwares in 3D and rendering.
Perform preventive and curative maintenance on all instruments and control systems, prepare and record all details of equipment maintenance as per laid down procedures/OEM recommendations. Assist the engineers in developing detailed scope documents for any upgrade, modification, or repair works to be executed on automation equipment. Prepare instrumentation design deliverables, including instrument list, instrument construction specifications, instrument installation details, and instrument location plans.
Participate in the development and updating of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and equipment subcontract package specifications. Prepare instrument and control system specifications, instrument and instrument valve data sheets, request for quotation (RFQ) and technical bid summaries. Provide assistance in designing control system logic and configuration, graphic interfaces, and Input/Output (I/O) lists. Performed various duties associated with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrading and calibration of pneumatic and electronics instrumentation.
Ensuring day-to-day supervision of plant technicians during maintenance with focus on safety. Follow-up of work requests and work orders on DimoMX software, analyze reports and update the KPIs. Ensure all breakdowns are attended on time and recorded on MX timely. Initiate and implement continuous improvement projects aiming at improving safety, productivity, and cost reduction. Conduct toolbox meeting with the technicians and fellow engineers. Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Context & Environment
- Daily communication and reporting for all instrumentation related activities with Maintenance Manager
- Shop floor interactive activities with high equipment handling and high standards of housekeeping.
- Communication & coordination with production department for equipment availability for maintenance/
- calibration purpose.