Team Leader Job Vacancies at Essity
Team Leader Job Vacancies at Essity
About the Role
Essity is a leading and global hygiene and health company which develops, produces and sells Health & Medical, Consumer Tissue and Professional Hygiene products and solutions which have a strong global presence.
We are looking for a suitably qualified Team Leader to join our Product Supply Operations team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of production within specific production areas, auditing & quality control and the control of materials. This individual will be planning shift production to meet weekly production plan and ensure that all required materials are available before production starts. Over and above, you will be responsible for the overall quality of all manufactured products and manage the performance of individual team members.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Material Control
-Responsible for the ordering and receiving of material/component as per the daily production plan.
-Controlling of material usage variances i.e. input vs output.
-Returning of all unused material to Raw Material Stores for credit.
-Responsible for stock-take at period end.
- Plan all end of run changeovers to make the most efficient use of machinery and resources.
- Perform in-process quality checks at defined frequencies, ensuring that the product surpasses the minimum required quality levels. Report all deviances from acceptable standards immediately, and take appropriate action to quarantine suspect stock and rectify the problems.
- Ensure that all personnel under direct control, as well as all other persons entering the factory area and maintain GMP conditions.
- Record and investigate all materials and labour variances daily. Develop methods to reduce all wastage within areas under direct control.
- Authorises the release of the finished product for shipping, i.e. signing off shipping tickets.
- Ensure the Barcode Verifier is calibrated as per the relevant work instruction.
- Ensure the master sample file is kept up to date concerning new labels that are designed.
- Make sure the completed requisitions are timeously sent to Raw Material Stores for data capture.
Who You Are
- Must have a Diploma or Degree in Production/Operations Management or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years production line experience in a same or similar role.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Package.
- You are result orientated with a high sense of urgency and proactive.
- You must have strong leadership & coaching skills.
- Experience and ability to work and communicate with all levels within the organization.
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe everyone’s learning and professional development is unique and want to empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards
Pinetown, South Africa
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.