Ajira Mpya Tax Manager Job Vacancy at PwC Careers Africa
Tax Manager Job Vacancy at PwC Careers Africa
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You’ll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
Recommended: Sales Supervisor Jobs at Mbagala Kyosk
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Lead tax teams and provide required guidance to the team to ensure the work done meets PwC’s standards.
- Establish and communicate roles and expectations for staff at the start of the project; provide clear guidance and direction concerning objectives of the work.
- Understand and guide team members on the application of standard PwC approaches and methodologies.
- Assess capabilities and needs of team members and assign tasks accordingly.
- Oversee preparation of concise, well written deliverables using appropriate business and technical language.
- Review and provide constructive comments on staff communications.
- Drive project planning, administration and economics, e.g. budgeting, staffing, managing staff productivity, converting work done into cash.
- Delegate tasks; prioritize and manage own work and others with a focus on quality completion within budget.
- Share information and expertise with team members (e.g. presentations, external seminars, technology tips, technical training, etc).
- Play an active role in discussions and meetings, providing substantive input delivered at the appropriate time.
- Coach and appraise staff by providing candid and constructive feedback and participating in the performance review process.
- Address questions on technical matters from team members and clients.
- Drive business growth and development by driving business development initiatives
- Manage project economics on allocated client portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Accounting, legal or tax professional qualification
- Demonstrates required knowledge plus an understanding of client’s organization and business/regulatory environment
- Demonstrates the importance of quality by reviewing work products of others and making necessary modifications
- Demonstrates analytical thinking skills to understand business issues relevant to client and project
- Works with team members to help them develop meaningful networks
- Demonstrates understanding and application of risk management policies and procedures; escalates issues.
- Understands and conveys the importance of communications.
- Demonstrates behaviors such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships, living PwC’s Values, etc
Minimum years experience required
- Eight years of relevant experience with good tax knowledge and tax advisory work
- Organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills – written and spoken
- Report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams
- Project management skills
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Required Skills ：Optional Skills
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)