Tax Analyst Jobs at Puma Energy is a Swiss multinational mid- and downstream oil company, majority-owned by Singapore-based French company Trafigura. Its operations span around 40 countries across five continents and encompass the supply, storage, refining, distribution, and retail of a range of petroleum products.
Tax Analyst Jobs at Puma Energy
Assist the Finance Manager to effectively manage the taxes of the country in line with the tax framework (policies, procedures, etc.) defined by Group/Regional Tax.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Tax Reporting and Compliance (direct and indirect taxes)
- Ensure accurate preparation of the monthly tax computations happens & ensure HFM validation as per agreed deadline in respect of monthly tax reporting of the Country operations. Ensure true up analysis post tax flings is done and reconciled in the next month’s tax reporting for each entity.
- Ensure correct monthly accounting of VAT & other taxes in local accounts (including tax provisions, WHT, petroleum tax levies, etc) in Country and provide feedback on the necessary reconciliations.
- File accurately and timely the CIT and TP returns/filings for the Company.
- File accurately and timely the VAT returns for the company
- File accurately and timely the other local tax returns for the company
- Explain the balances and movements in the tax accounts as well as tax issues and risks on a monthly basis to the regional tax team.
- Provide feedback on movements on tax issues and risks on a weekly basis to the regional tax team.
- Ensure all financial & tax information is saved in shared directory and available for reproduction if required by tax authorities or other stake holders.
Tax working capital – Cash flow and cost management
- Implement & integrate in tax control processes, tax cash flow system on all within tax scope receivables & payables.
- Work with & provide guidance to local finance team to achieve material reduction of mainly indirect & direct tax receivables.
- Pro-actively monitor and follow up with local tax authorities (and consultant) to push for full recovery or monetisation of all submitted tax refund claims.
Tax audits & legal tax proceedings
- Coordinate and follow up in consultation with local team/regional/group tax until the close of the current & planned tax audits and investigations with the tax authorities and provide monthly feedback to regional/group tax on the progress.
- Take accountability for any follow up with the tax authorities in order to clear any query prior or during the tax audit process – this includes monthly review of the statement of account for the entity with the authorities and reconciling their tax receivables/payable status with the entity’ books.
- Ensure all financial & tax information for the company is saved in the shared directory and tax risk register and available for reproduction if required by the tax authorities or other stake holders.
- Preparation of Defence File Memos for on-going audits/assessments/issues in the country.
Tax planning & Tax risk management
- Keep abreast with new tax developments in-country, particularly the direct/indirect tax changes impacting Puma downstream business in-country.
- Ensure professional & productive working relationship with the tax administration of the Country.
- Complete the on-line Puma tools (TPCC, PERIT, Petrus, Monday.com, TRR etc) relating to the tax filings, reconciliations, deadlines and monthly status review of the tax risk register for the company
- Identify and address any tax contingency issues – Raise awareness of global tax risk management policy with the local finance team
Education and Experience
- Degree in Tax/Accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in Tax or tax accounting, preferably within a big “4” accounting firm or the tax audit division of the tax administration.
- Good knowledge of mid & downstream oil & gas’ indirect taxes in the Country would be an advantage
Skills & competencies:
- High potential profile and Self-motivated
- Team player with ability to deal effectively with non-tax people
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Having a good acumen for business
- Can work independently with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work and meet multiple deadlines. Able to work under pressure.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Regional/Global Tax Team, Regional/local FM, other departments
- External – Auditors and tax/legal advisers