TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American
Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
WASH OFFICERS (2 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: MBEYA &ZANZIBAR
Reports to: Wash Engineer/Coordinator
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
- To support WASH Project in ensuring compliance of all hygiene and sanitation standards and donor regulations
- Coordinate trainings in targeted project with Sanitation and Hygiene officers, and Government officers to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are
- Development of hygiene promotion topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials
- Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services at schools and community
- Responsible for the implementation and supervision of all planned community project
- Responsible for Community engagement activities
- Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Responsible for liaising with government officials for the planning and implementation of all community
- Demonstrable knowledge on Hygiene promotion approaches for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g.; CLTS, Hand washing, Menstrual Hygiene Management, COVID19, and water treatment methods).
- Compile and collect field data for evaluation of indicators of verifiable objectives of the
- Advice the project Wash Engineer/Coordinator on how to improve WASH interventions with
- Prepare reports of activities, monthly, Quarterly and
- Pro-Active in detecting community needs and suggest future interventions
- Pro-active in activity planning & review, development activity concept notes, and Project Budget
- Able to lead and maintaining work relationship with Co-workers, Other partiners, community, and Government (District & Regional level).
- To keeping all Red Cross materials and properties
- Strengthening Red cross branches and dissemination of Red Cross to the Communities in Kigoma
- To facilitate procurement activities at field level as per TRCS procurement
- To facilitate financial management of the project activities as per TRCS
- Work closely with Delegated project representative from donor side in the
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor of science Degree in Environment Health science or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science &
- At least 3 years’ experience in community development projects especially community public health, and WASH
- Experienced in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene(WASH) promotion
- Community and social skills to mobilise the
- Administrative skills
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) ü Fluent in Swahili and English
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (Copy the following link and paste it on your browser) forms.gle/MEYp9xw9qsBDR1qN7 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than August 30th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
TANZANIA REDCROSS SOCIETY VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.