Tanzania Reinsurance Company Limited (TAN-RE) is a Reinsurance Company established in line with Section 70 ofthe Insurance Act. No. 18 of 1996.The Company was dully incorporated as a limited liability company under the Companies Ordinance CAP.212 of 2002. TAN-RE has been registered to transact both life and non-life reinsurance business.
The company is now inviting a suitably qualified Tanzanian candidate to fill the following position.
Position: Head of Internal Audit and Compliance
This position calls for a young, competent, and qualified person of high integrity. The Head of Internal Audit and Compliance shall report to the Board functionally and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for this post should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field and full professional qualification such as CPA (T) or ACCA or its equivalent with 7 years relevant work experience. He must be computer literate especially with computer aided auditing skills and other accounting related software packages. The holder must be a current member of good standing with the NBAA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, taking into consideration any risks or control concerns identified by Board Audit Committee and Management and submit the plan, to the Board for review and approval.
- Preparing detailed, comprehensive regular Internal Audit and Compliance reports to the Board Audit Committee and management summarizing results of audit activities.
- Keeping the Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Investigating significant suspected fraudulent activities and notify Management and the Board.
- Performing detailed planning, supervision of fieldwork and review of subordinates’ work.
- Managing assignments to ensure that they are completed within stipulated time frames.
- Monitoring compliance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Making recommendations and advise on desirable changes in policies, procedures, and systems.
- Evaluating cost effectiveness of management decisions.
- Inspects all books of accounts, vouchers, and receipt books in accordance with Financial Regulations.
- Establishing and enforcing internal controls, workflows and policies for tracking, reconciling and reporting on accounting activities.
- Improving overall financial reporting by streamlining control processes and reporting structures.
- Identifying improvement changes regarding key processes for internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Validating existing accounting management and reporting systems to assess quality and conformance, identify problems and implement corrective actions.
- Reviewing historical records, current operational data and forecasting information to identify and capitalize on system enhancement opportunities.
- Carrying out day-day-day duties accurately and efficiently
A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATIONS
Application letters supported with up-to-date CV indicating three referees, with copies of certificates for academic and professional qualifications and one recent passport size photograph should reach the address indicated below within two (2) weeks of first appearance of this advertisement:
Chief Executive Officer
Tanzania Reinsurance Company Limited (TAN-RE)
8th Floor, TAN-RE House, Plot No.406, Longido Street, Upanga
Dar es Salaam
Tel +255 22 2922341/3
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 September 2021.