Strategy Intern Internship Opportunities at M-KOPA May 2023- Nafasi za kazi M-kopa Aira Mpya Strategy intern job Vacancies at M-kopa Internship Opportunities at Mkopa
About the job
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training.
Recommended:Ajira Accountant at Lake Group May 2023
As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together. Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link:
We’re looking for a strategy intern who will work closely with M-KOPA’s senior management team and other cross-functional teams to support the development of M-KOPA’s 3 year strategic plan. This position is a full-time, 10 week internship reporting to Chief Customer Officer and based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role is global in scope, covering all markets of operations: Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Ghana. As such, it may require travel as needed to other markets of operations to engage with customers and in-country teams.
We’re Excited About You Because You Have Experience With
-Conduct industry research and competitive analysis to inform M-KOPA’s 3-year strategic plan,
-Build financial models to analyze economics of strategic investments Prepare presentations for M-KOPA leadership, in-country teams, and stakeholders to drive strategic clarity and alignment
-Manage high-priority cross-functional strategic projects to achieve our overall business objectives
-Develop departmental performance dashboards, coordinating with product and data teams to define and measure KPIsSupport M-KOPA’s quarterly business planning and prioritization process
-Identify and scope opportunities to improve operations, process, efficiency, and performance
We are excited about you because you
- Are passionate about making fair and flexible financing accessible to everyone
- Have 5+ years of work experience in strategy, business operations, management consulting, product management, research, or comparable rolesAre currently enrolled in an MBA or other relevant master’s degree program
- Are strong analytically, have significant experience with excel modeling and making data-driven decisions
- Love solving open-ended business problems, from identifying the problem that needs to be solved through developing actionable recommendations and driving implementation
- Are excited to be a champion for our customers in everything you do
- Are a collaborator and have a low ego
- Love fast-moving environments with a sense of urgency to get the job done
- Have emerging markets experience (particularly in East or West Africa)
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you.
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental) –
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Pro rata to the time worked / 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships. M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.