Stores & Stock Controller at SIMBA HOLDINGS LIMITED February, 2023
Stores & Stock Controller at SIMBA HOLDINGS LIMITED February, 2023 The Mission of Simba Holdings Limited (SHL) is to enrich people’s lives by providing premium quality everyday products and services at competitive pricing, providing the best work culture & family –like yet professional environment for our staff.
In order to achieve this, SHL now seeks to recruit a dynamic and energetic person who is performance driven, knowledgeable and suitably qualified and experienced to fill the vacant position of Stores & Stocks Controller on a one-year fixed term contract in Katuba 18Miles (Chibombo District).
- JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Management Accountant, the Stores & Stocks Controller will be responsible for effectively managing inventory through the development and utilization of systems and procedures (SAP)that ensure the availability of materials for smooth operations of SHL. Oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse. Evaluating of suppliers, products and services and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases (SAP).
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Supervise and control loading of finished products and Offloading of Raw Materials
- Perform regular stock take and daily counting during the Month and during the end of the year stock take, while conducting reconciliation in case of discrepancies during cycle count schedule.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance.
- Follow and implement the approved daily counting schedule, so that discrepancies are identified and reconciled in timely manner.
- Daily counting schedule is followed and fully implemented
- Receiving and issuing packing material to production.
- Perform accurate daily counting and stock taking.
- Implement and maintain a filing system of the facts, discrepancies, and issues identified during the cycle counting or stock taking process in order to maintain accurate records that can be easily retrieved.
- Perform duties and tasks that may vary from the job description functions to meet the business needs of the Company
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics or related field from a recognized University/ Institution.
- 2-3 years related experience as a Stock Controller in production Department/Feed Plant or preferably Milling Company.
- SKILLS SPECIFICATION
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or dispatch clerk.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with highly sensitive material; and,
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Sober habits
- Inclusiveness and tolerance
Send detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position title in the subject field. All applications should be sent not later than Monday 27th February 2023.
SHL values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job, email your details to email@example.com