Senior Specialist: M-Pesa Internal Audit Jobs at Vodacom Tanzania is Tanzania’s leading communications company providing a wide range of services for consumers and enterprise including voice, data, messaging, financial services and Enterprise solutions. Vodacom Tanzania was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange on 15 August 2017. Vodacom Tanzania and its subsidiaries (together ‘the Group’) are majority owned by Vodacom Group Limited (75% holding), a company registered in South Africa, which in turn is majority owned by Vodafone Group PLC., a company based in the United Kingdom.
Senior Specialist: M-Pesa Internal Audit Jobs at Vodacom
Role Purpose and Key Accountabilities
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Plan and execute risk-based financial, operational and compliance audit testing against detailed plan and audit program.
- Develop a good rapport and solid business relationships with business unit personnel to ensure understanding and acceptance of internal audit requirements, approach and reporting methods.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Provide insightful results through audit reporting process.
- Incorporate the use of data analytics within the audit approach to increase the extent of assurance, quality of insight, and efficiency of our audits. Recommend and implement ideas for improving the Internal Audit Department.
- Manage audits and team members when assigned as team leader on the audit.
- Assist in special projects and investigations when the need arise.
- Financial Services Regulations – Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to the wider Internal Audit team
- Keep abreast of latest technology in the field of internal audit.
- Assist with quality control in internal audit and compliance to month-end procedural requirements, e.g. Audit action tracking
- Be the Vodacom Group Internal Audit liaison and lead in the development of Financial Services audit best practices.
- Maintains solid relationships with Financial Services Partners (audit teams, auditees, management, external advisors etc.) across the organisation to understand issues and identify areas in the control environment for improvement.
Quaification & Experience, Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in at least one of the following: Finance, Accounting, IT or equivalent;
- CIA, ACA/CIMA/ACCA/MBA/Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) – Essential
- Experience in auditing in a telecommunications industry – Advantage.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- At least 3 – 5 years internal/external auditing experience
- Experience in financial services and working with the central banks and other relevant institutions etc.
- Excellent English communication, report writing, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills to interact effectively with senior management
- Experience in data analytics (scoping, delivering and/or consuming) e.g. in tools such as PowerBI or QlikSense.
- Experience in Internal Controls Systems and Standards as well as Risk Assessment
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.