Nafasi za kazi Senior Environmental Consultant Jobs at Rsk Group
Senior Environmental Consultant Jobs at Rsk Group
RSK Group is a fully integrated, environmental, engineering and technical services group consisting of over 170 businesses and employing more than 11,000 staff. The group is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world. The company was ranked the second-largest environmental consultancy in the UK by Environment Analyst in its 2020 Market Assessment Report.
In Africa, we have offices in South and East Africa and operate across the continent providing a range of services that include environmental, social and health impact assessments (ESHIA) and related management plans; resettlement planning including for livelihood restoration, site investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater pollution; due diligence; and an array of other services, including social studies and project evaluations.
In Tanzania, we are registered with the National Environment Management Council (NEMC) to undertake environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA) and environmental audits (EA) and have a team of NEMC registered environmental experts delivering high level consultancy services. The team is currently looking to expand its capacity and is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced environmental consultants operating in Tanzania.
Senior Environmental Consultant (Infrastructure Planning Focus) – Dar es salaam, Tanzania
An opportunity has arisen for a highly disciplined and experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to join our business in the Tanzania to help deliver international consultancy services.
The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare comprehensive environmental reports including, but not limited to, scoping reports, environmental, social and health impact assessment (ESHIA) reports, strategic environmental assessments, feasibility studies, environmental, social and health management plans (ESHMPs), audit reports, and environmental monitoring reports in line with national laws and regulation, and relevant international standards, guidelines, and best practices, where relevant
- Undertake environmental audits and monitoring in line with the relevant procedures and protocols
- Consultations with stakeholders and effectively manage sub-consultants
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and regulatory authorities
- Support the wider team, including mentoring junior staff as and when required
- Provide technical input, co-ordination, review, and direction on projects
- Manage project financial performance and meeting profit targets
- Prepare and manage multi-disciplinary tenders and seek opportunities for new work
- Willingness to travel within the region
- BSc degree level qualified in a relevant environmental discipline (environmental planning, environmental management, environmental consulting, environmental engineering or related environmental or engineering subject)
- Preference for an MSc degree in environmental planning, environmental management, environmental consulting, environmental engineering or related environmental subjects
- Over 6 years previous experience working in environmental consulting including providing permitting support, environmental monitoring, environmental management planning, compliance audits, and site assessments for infrastructure clients
- Excellent written English and verbal communication, presentation, and organisational skills
- Robust project management, time management and financial management skills
- Experience of working in an international consultancy would be beneficial
- Excellent understanding of the ESHIA process, international environmental and social legislation, guidelines and standards, and international project financing mechanisms and implications
- Experience of environmental impact identification (ENVID) workshops for large projects
- Experience in providing technical alternatives and solutions to technical clarifications and design solutions to the clients in a planning setting
- Significant proofing, editing and report collation experience
- Experience of working on multiple projects, simultaneously
- Proactive networker
Salary and benefits:
- This will be a full-time post with an employment package commensurate with experience.
- Regular training and development will be provided
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to help you set and achieve your goals. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.