Sales Point Manager at Strategis Insurance February, 2023
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited is one of the first private insurance companies to be registered in Tanzania and licensed by the Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority in 2002. Strategis aims to provide appropriate and affordable insurance plans to its’ clients.
STRATEGIS INSURANCE TANZANIA LIMITED
We distinguish ourselves as the leader in ensuring access to insurance services for our clients and we are committed to providing quality comprehensive cover backed by excellent service.
We specialize in offering affordable, appropriate health & general insurance plans for the Tanzanian industry. We offer medical insurance plans ranging from the very basic to top-end executive international covers. Our wide range of general insurance products cater to individuals and the corporate sector across demographics of the country.
Position: Sales Point Manager (x1)
Expected appointment date: Immediately Location: SALES POINT, Dar City Centre
Overall purpose of the job:
To ensure improvement of business production, service delivery to customers and efficient administration of the sales point.
Description of Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Detailed description of core duties performed by the job holder
- Develop short term operational plan for the sales point and coordinate with the head office on the implementation.
- Ensure Good Management of Quotations:
- Work with the Underwriting department to maintain 24 hours turn-around time for quotations.
- Discuss quotations with Underwriting staff to ensure that they are within the acceptable underwriting standards and competitive.
- Develop market intelligence and feedback on the quoted targeted accounts and coordinate reviews.
- Ensure High Standards of Service Delivery:
- Handle claims matters with support from Head Office and provide progress report to Claims Manager on weekly basis.
- Maintain complaint register and coordinate with the dept. concerned on immediate plan of action.
- Gather feedback from producers/clients on levels of service and raise them with the departments Concerned.
- Ensure direct customers who visit the office for inquiry are given prompt attention and efficient Service.
- Maintain Motor Certificate Register and provide declaration returns to the Underwriting Manager on weekly basis.
- Develop broker/agent market and close working relationship with producers:
- Create and maintain broker/Agent files, identify new potential and bring them on board.
- Develop business relationship through frequent brokers/Agents visits to ensure generation of new business.
- Attain production target as set and maintain loss ratio below 50%.
- Achieve a well-balanced portfolio.
- Work towards establishing personal and corporate ties by organizing approved company sponsored social and public relationship activities.
- Policy Renewals:
- Closely follow up renewals and provide weekly progress report on the renewal position to ensure an improved monthly retention ratio of at least 90%.
- Ensure that branch office assistants/Agents and brokers are trained on insurance products and acquires basic insurance handling skills for good service delivery to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance and Risk Management or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in Insurance is an added advantage.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in Insurance industry.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player with a customer-oriented approach.
- Good numerical skills and ability to absorb and understand detailed statistical data.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- The ability to resolve problems and find creative solutions.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good negotiation skills.
- The ability to learn quickly. Excellent Leadership Skills
- Excellent Teamwork.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- High integrity.
Mode of Application:
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact details. Applications accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 27 February 2023 to the following address.
Head of Human Resource and Administration
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
P O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Or delivered to:
Strategis Insurance Tanzania Limited
1st Floor, Masaki Ikon Building
Plot no. 1520, Bains Avenue
Masaki, Msasani Peninsular
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.