Research Assistant Vacancies at AMREF 2023
Research Assistant Vacancies at AMREF 2023, AMREF Vacancy AMREF jobs, AMREF opportunities, AMREF careers, AMREF job portal
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest Africanbased international health development organisation, currently implementing more than 150 programs which directly reach more than 20 million people across 35 countries in Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya,
Amref has fully-fledged offices in Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, South Sudan, and Zambia; eleven advocacy and fundraising offices in Europe and North America; and a staff complement of over 1,500.
Our vision is to bring about ‘Lasting health change in Africa’, and our mission is ‘To increase sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health’.
We believe that the power to transform Africa’s health lies within its communities, and therefore strive to ensure that health systems are not only functional but that communities are empowered to hold these systems accountable for the delivery of quality and affordable health care.
JOB PURPOSE The main purpose of this position is to be in charge of research administration, quality and compliance at Amref Ethics and Scientific Review Committee
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, Statistics or any other related discipline
- Professional training in research methods, research ethics, research administration, monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in supporting Ethics and Scientific Committee
- Experience and knowledge of reporting procedures to National Commission of Science and Database management
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis competency using any of the following software – Excel, SPSS, STATA and EPI info
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a busy health NGO
- Experience working in Institute Review Board in Kenya
- Excellent database management skills
- Practical computer skills
- Strong team work skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/vacancies/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be February 17, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.