Relationship Manager; Bancassurance Jobs (4 Position(s)) at NMB Bank It is a commercial bank in Tanzania. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Tanzania, and the national banking regulator. As of September 2013, the bank was a major financial services institution, providing commercial banking services to individuals, small and medium-sized corporate clients, as well as large businesses.
Relationship Manager; Bancassurance (4 Position(s))
Location – Dar es Salaam Zone, Northern Zone, Lake Zone & Zanzibar Cluster
To drive sales objectives in the zone in line with the Bancassurance strategy through effective coordination of sales and promotion initiatives on General and Life products to ensure generation of revenues.
- Responsible for all Life and General insurance business at the Zone.
- Monitor performance of new products and provide quarterly progress reports.
- Consolidate and prepare monthly, quarterly zonal sales reports on zonal sales performance for General and Life insurance.
- Responsible for all Life and General insurance claims of the Zone and ensure closure within the agreed TAT
- Drive zonal strategic plans to ensure the bancassurance budget is met.
- Manage relationships with customers, branch, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for renewals for all branches in the Zone to ensure 80 of business is retained Proactively identify sales prospects and conduct business development activities in the Zone.
- Responsible for all the obligations of specified person as described on the Bancassurance regulations with regards to underwriting, claims and customer protection
- Actively build the capacity of branch sales team especially relationship and Bank officers through ongoing coaching, mentoring and support.
- Identify and analyze customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts per product.
- Responsible for Zonal proper underwriting and issuing of quotations when needed from the Bancassurance system.
- Provide technical support to the branches including issues related to the Bancassurance System.
- Work with Head Office teams to drive sales and promotional campaigns across the zone in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Being proactive to identify issues and resolve them timely.
- Responsible for all customer complaints regarding General and Life business for prompt solutions.
- Ensure compliance to Bancassurance regulations in all branches in the zone.
- Ensure that structured sales drives are embedded in the branches’ activities
Knowledge and Skills:
- A comprehensive knowledge on General insurance and Life products
- Knowledge on banks products
- A good understanding of legislation related to Bancassurance and channel delivery.
- Greater understanding of product life cycle
- A comprehensive knowledge on insurance claims
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Good marketing skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance business, Risk management.
- Master’s Degree/Post graduate in Risk management and insurance business or business fields will be an added advantage
- Any certification course or training in risk management and insurance business is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in insurance business with a reputable company.
Please indicate your zone of preference in your application letter.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Job closing date : 13-Nov-2023