Recruiter at VillageReach August 2023, Tanzania Jobs, Human Resources jobs, This individual will have experience successfully attracting, selecting, and matching high-quality talent to opportunities within VillageReach. The Recruiter will collaborate with various managers on regular basis to understand and proactively identify current and future hiring needs.
Recruiter at VillageReach
The Recruiter, People is a new position to support and sustain Village Reach’s global growth and impact. This person will be an integral part of our small but mighty People Team as we build and strengthen our talent strategy. This member of our global People team is primarily responsible for managing Village Reach’s recruitment processes. This individual will have experience successfully attracting, selecting, and matching high-quality talent to opportunities within VillageReach. The Recruiter will collaborate with various managers on regular basis to understand and proactively identify current and future hiring needs.
As a key contributor to our global talent strategy, this key member will have the opportunity to partner with hiring managers to design, refine and implement effective recruitment strategies. The ideal candidate understands and practices industry standards, is passionate and is well versed with using job boards, social networks and platforms to attract quality candidates while growing a strong talent pipeline. He/she is deeply rooted in values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) and thrives in a collaborative and distributed environment. This is a remote position with the individual residing in and eligible to work in a location where VillageReach has an established staff presence: DRC, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa or Tanzania.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time. Pro-actively work with Talent Manager to manage and support full cycle recruitment, closely work with managers and leaders to understand current and future hiring needs. Work with hiring managers to develop, refine and update job descriptions and advise on best sourcing strategies. Responsible for publishing job adverts in various job boards, social networks and platforms Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices by utilizing knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative strategies to source candidates.
Be a collaborator working closely with hiring managers on candidate screening processes and provide support in managing interviews, candidate assessments, background checks and closing processes. Be a strong partner. Provide technical support to hiring managers on internal recruitment guidelines and market best practices and work closely with Talent Manager to provide coaching to managers, in close working with the Talent Manager, ensure VillageReach annual hiring plan remains updated and act as the point of contact for VillageReach recruitment needs.
Stay abreast of recruiting analytics, build talent networks, monitor and identify new ways to source candidates to build and expand talent pools Closely work with HR Officers to support country level recruitments. Deliver an exceptional high-touch candidate experience, enhancing Village Reach’s brand as a ‘best workplace’ by building influential candidate relationships during recruitment processes and active candidate sourcing initiatives. Create and provide reports on time to fill, candidate diversity, hiring trends and other key recruitment reports as a key member of the Human Resources Community of Practice at Village Reach, contribute content and resources to the community. Other projects and duties as assigned.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role. Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization.
Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed, Recruiter at VillageReach
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making Recruiter at VillageReach
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position currently has no direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving recruitment related problems. Recruiter at VillageReach
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 2 – 4 years of experience in HR role, preferably in an international development or other global context.
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated experience leading recruitment.
- Relevant HR Recruiter certification will have added advantage.
- Experience using ATS and HRIS systems. Fearless with technical systems. Ability to create and implement various sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Proven success in conducting interviews using various methods (phone, video, email, in-person)
- Familiarity with a variety of job boards.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and the ability to be agile in a dynamic and uncertain environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations both at the local and global level preferred
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires full vaccination for in-person work or travel.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Fluency in verbal and written English required, French and/or Portuguese preferred.
Environment and Physical Demands:
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our USA office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our Regional Africa based staff and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
Role will involve significant time at a computer using keyboard and mouse. Should be able to lift 15lbs. There will be some in person presence required for training facilitation as needed.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Village Reach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, Village Reach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach is committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom it engages. We expect everyone working with us to share this commitment through our code of conduct.All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which may include criminal records. VillageReach participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and, in line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Village Reach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. This position a level BG-7 in our compensation structure. The salary range for this position varies based on the location of the individual and the local labour market. Please see the Compensation Overview on our website for details. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.