Receptionist Jobs at Enabel is the Belgian agency for international cooperation. Our mission is to build a sustainable world where all live under the rule of law and are free to thrive. With our partners, we offer solutions addressing pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Social and Economic Inequalities, Urbanisation, Peace and Security, Human Mobility – and promoting Global Citizenship.
We have over 20 years’ experience in areas ranging from education and health care to agriculture, environmental protection, digitalisation, employment and governance. Enabel’s expertise is eagerly sought-after by partners around the globe – ranging from the Belgian government, European Union institutions, governments of other countries and the private sector. We work with civil society, research institutes as well as businesses and we foster fruitful interaction between development policy and other areas.
With over 2,100 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in more than twenty countries, in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Tanzania is launching its new Country Strategy for the Bilateral Cooperation in Tanzania 2023-2027 while also preparing the kick-off of several interventions financed by other donors.
In this challenging context, we are seeking a receptionist for our head office in Dar Es Salaam.
As a Receptionist, you report to the Management Assistant.
The challenge is to ensure excellent and high-quality front desk management in order to promote the image and the values of the organization. It also includes coordinating front-desk activities, distributing correspondence, redirecting phone calls, office management, and offering administrative support across the organization.
- – Provide front-line support to visitors and staff;
- – Master all incoming and outgoing mail (telephone, correspondences and emails);
- – Provide general office management and administrative support.
- – You are Tanzanian;
- – At least 2 years of proven and relevant experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar function;
Required Qualifications A bachelor’s degree;
Additional qualifications as an administrative assistant or secretary will be a plus.
- – Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- – Good organization skills;
- – Pro-active attitude, dynamism;
- – Professional attitude and appearance;
- – Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting as well as working as a team;
- – Agile, flexible and cooperative.
- – Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel, see for more information: Enabel
We offer you
- – A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
- – An indefinite period contract.
- – You are based in Dar Es Salaam.
- – You are employed by Enabel in the function of “Receptionist”. A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 2), and more benefits such as health care insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance.
- – Relevant recognized experience for the function will be valorized.
This recruitment procedure consists of a shortlist of applications, testing and final jury.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based on gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 20/10/2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.