Radio Outreach Officer Job Vacancies at Ubongo August 2023, Radio Outreach Officer Job Vacancies, As the face of Ubongo for our radio broadcast partners, you’ll also need to exude our values of Utu, Ujasiri, Upendo and Ubunifu, and be dedicated to “do it for the kids!”
Radio Outreach Officer Job Vacancies
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 33 million families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our shows – Ubongo Kids, Nuzo & Namia and Akili and Me – currently airs on nationwide free-to-air TV or radio in 23 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, Hausa, Yoruba, Luo, Kikuyu, Chichewa, Kinyarwanda and more. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages. We are also creating a variety of digital products that enable kids to engage further with our stories.
Job Position: We are looking for a highly motivated, independent and organized RADIO OUTREACH OFFICER to join our Pan-African team of Ubongoers. You will be coordinating and expanding our radio broadcast distribution as we strive to make our edutainment accessible to kids in ALL of Africa and beyond! Radio Outreach Officer Job Vacancies
Our shows are already among the most widely distributed and broadcast programs in Africa, but we’ve still got a long way to go to make sure that all kids in all countries can access our edutainment. With the support of our Broadcast Manager and Country Managers, you’ll need to ensure we build new partnerships and nurture existing relationships, where you will coordinate content delivery and scheduling with radio partners. And you’ll need to do outreach and travel to find and onboard new broadcast partners across the continent.
Expected Responsibilities and Activities:
With the guidance of our Broadcast Manager, maintain the massive reach of Ubongo’s impactful edutainment by stewarding the relationships we have with our radio broadcast partners AND ensuring we have a great system in place to manage and track content delivery, scheduling and broadcast in multiple languages and formats.
- Nurture relationships with our radio broadcast partners: communicating regularly and coordinating to ensure they get support as needed from Ubongo.
- Collaborate with broadcast partners on content scheduling, monitoring and planning new season premieres and launches.
- Coordinate across Ubongo’s teams to quality assure and organize completed content for delivery for each country, language and broadcaster.
- Working with our Broadcast Manager, maintain and improve our content delivery systems in collaboration with our Country Managers. Keep an organized tracker of content pending, delivered and broadcast.
- Organize, update and renew broadcast agreements as needed.
Grow Ubongo’s reach and impact by building new broadcast partnerships, with a focus on radio in geographies that we don’t currently reach.
- Take the lead on Ubongo’s “Key Result” of having nationwide Radio broadcast in all countries in Africa, working within a cross-functional “squad” of Ubongoers from across teams to update the strategy for this and make it happen!
- Reach out to radio stations (both remote and in-person where necessary) to help them understand how Ubongo’s beloved edutainment could benefit their channels and audiences.
- Understand emerging trends in audio format consumption as well as radio trends that we could leverage to improve listenership of our radio content among target audiences
- With the support of our Broadcast Manager, negotiate terms and contracts with new partners. Help partners understand our various licenses (including Creative Commons and open source licensed content).
- Represent Ubongo at content markets and events, and scan the landscape for different opportunities to engage with new broadcast partners.
Support our Broadcast Manager to collect and organize listenership and engagement data so we can understand what’s working, prioritize investment of resources, and make data-driven decisions to ensure we’re achieving outcomes for kids.
Support the Broadcast Manager to coordinate with research and media ratings partners to ensure we get timely and accurate data on listenership and engagement. Support the Broadcast Manager to maintain and consistently update an organized database and dashboard of this information. With the support of MEL Manager and other relevant team members, analyze data and compile reports for internal and external use
“Go all in” as an Ubongoer, bringing your unique skills, passion and interests to our organization and collaborating across teams as we work together to co-create and deliver joyful learning to all kids in Africa!
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO BE: Extremely organized and independent, able to maintain clear documentation, manage content and filing systems, organize data, and ensure that all of this is easily accessible for Ubongo’s team and partners. A great relationship builder – passionate about working with people and keen to build relationships within Ubongo and with partners across the continent. A strong communicator with excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is a plus– desired but not required!
A broadcast and digital all-rounder, conversant in files types, codecs and platforms; and quickly able to learn new. Flexible, adaptable and patient… able to collaborate and nurture relationships with everyone from upstart techies launching newfangled platforms to government radio broadcast Creative – able to think of new and exciting ways to broadcast audio content to millions more kids and caregivers. Eager to work in a team of talented people with different expertise, connected by a shared goal, to reach as many kids as possible with quality, entertaining and educational content!
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be directed to apply online. So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to online applications. THANKS! Application Deadline: August 25, 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UBONGO provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws of the country we are operating in.