Ajira: Project Officer, Food Fortification Jobs at The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Project Officer, Food Fortification to support the execution of GAIN Tanzania’s Food Fortification program in Tanzania. This role will be offered on a fixed term contract basis up to 15 months, subject to availability of funding. You will be based in GAIN’s Tanzania office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Food Fortification, you will also work closely with the Project Manager, Biofortification. You are expected to maintain and strengthen strong working relationship with other food fortification sector partners, fortified food processors, relevant government and policy institutions including strategic and development partners implementing similar programmatic activities and interventions.
Ajira: Project Officer, Food Fortification Jobs at The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
The postholder will also assist in developing concepts, proposals and exploring new programmatic areas based on learning from ongoing LSFF projects. The workstation will be mainly based in Dar es Salaam with travel (50%) across the country as and when appropriate.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supporting the implementation of a national mandatory fortification programmes for maize flour, edible oil and wheat flour in Tanzania
• Strengthening Tanzania’s national salt iodization program, regularly revisiting and modifying the strategy to accommodate new learnings and recent developments as advised by the Project Manager
• Facilitating coordination among development partners supporting LSFF in Tanzania Communicating and coordinating regularly with organisations working to combat malnutrition in Tanzania
• As required, support the project manager with business model development activities for SME processors (processors of fortified foods and regulatory agencies) through supporting with due diligence, nutrition screening and a TA needs assessment using GAIN developed tools and supporting in the identification and assessment of qualified service providers to support SMEs Working closely with the PORALG, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Industries and Trade, ministry of agriculture, regulatory agencies, and other government agencies on the successful coordination and implementation of the projects
• Supporting in developing strong partnerships and relationships with the private sector (mandatory fortified foods) and food processors associations to ensure commencement and scaling up of food fortification in Tanzania
• Participating in the preparation, formatting, and coordination of donor reports and proposals, following up on monthly reports, managing timesheet records and organising meetings and workshops
• Working with the Knowledge Leadership team and the Project Manager to develop a results and monitoring framework and tools to closely monitor and contribute to the analysis of information collected as well as supporting with the development of project impact and evaluation reports
• Working closely with the Communication team on developing materials for external communication, including reports, presentations, briefs, and articles
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working with government agencies, private sector partners, and implementing partners in the context of food fortification. You will have considerable experience working on large-scale food fortification projects, preferably with international organizations or public health agencies. Candidates’ with experience of working in a public/private partnership environment is highly desirable.
You will possess strong project management skills and strong knowledge in food fortification principles, practices, and regulatory frameworks in Tanzania. Also, you should have the ability to build relationships with private sector and governmental agencies in supporting SMEs. In addition to this, you will have a proven track record of facilitating capacity building activities and providing business model development technical assistance ( i.e. due diligence, nutrition screening and a TA needs assessment) to food fortification industries and project stakeholders.
The postholder should have excellent communication skills with an excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili and able to work effectively independently as well as in a cross-cultural team environment. You should be highly flexible and be able to travel frequently to project sites and work in challenging environments.
A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Food Science or related field is required and an additional project management qualification is desirable.
|Experience in Months||36|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified? Click here to Apply Now