Project Manager Jobs Opportunities at Ubongo February 2023
Project Manager Jobs Opportunities at Ubongo February 2023, Ajirampya, Nafasi za Kazi, ajira 2023, Jobs in Tanzania, Tanzania jobs
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa in 9 languages and counting.
We are looking for a project manager for full multi-year USAID sub-contract Jifunze Uelewe
- Leading project and budget management, work-plan, reporting and compliance for a full multi-year USAID sub-contract.
- Managing Bongo’s relationship and coordination with consortium partners for initiative delivery and acting as the key point of contact for all Jifunze Uelewe related issues.
- Representing Ubongo in all partnership meetings under the JU consortium
Internal: Overseeing and coordinating all aspects of Ubongo’s participation in the Jifunze Uelewe initiative. Such as:
- Managing the budget
- Managing internal coordination and check in meetings.
- Keeping track and making all aware of timelines and deadlines
- Helping to mitigate any delays/obstacles that arise.
- Coordinating across the full Ubongo team to deliver on the commitments for the sub-contract.
Administrative and Compliance in line with USAID and grant specific requirements:
- Ensuring all timesheets are submitted on time and continuous auditing of the time tracking.
- Managing all procurement budgeted in the project.
- Work closely with our Grants Manager on compliance, budget management, reporting and administration.
- Ensuring that all Ubongoers are kept up to date on initiative status and contributing throughout!
- Already managed a former long-term USAID funded project or contract.
- Have experience working in consortium for development projects.
- Ready and able to take on all the challenges listed above (and many more, down the line) as we scale!
- This probably means you’ll have a bachelor’s or master’s Degree and at least 6 years’ experience in NGO project management. But we’re more interested in your ability to get the job done than your qualifications.
- Extremely organized and process oriented.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills and including budget management and excel skills.
- Able to GET THINGS DONE. You will be a team of one reporting to the head of department, often problem solving for issues we’ve never faced before, and coordinating large groups of disparate teams and partners to get things done!
- A strong written and verbal communicator.
- A self-motivated and independent worker who can work remotely and also coordinate between remote teams in disparate places.
- Comfortable using and managing technology and cloud-based software to coordinate between remote teams.
- A super troubleshooter!
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Someone who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of your life (and constantly stuck in your head).