Programme Delivery Lead Vacancies at Mary’s Meals
Our idea is a simple one that works. We provide one daily meal in a place of education in order to attract chronically hungry children into a classroom, where they receive an education that can, in the future, be their ladder out of poverty. Mary’s Meals began by feeding 200 children in Malawi. Today we feed more than 2 million hungry children every day. The average worldwide cost for us to feed a child for a whole school year is just £15.90/€18.30/$21.00. Wherever possible, Mary’s Meals uses locally grown food to support the local economy. We work hard to keep our running costs low and to ensure that at least 93% of donations go on our charitable work. This is only possible since most of our work is done by an army of volunteers. Around 64 million of the world’s hungriest children do not attend school, our work is just beginning.
About the job Programme Delivery Lead Vacancies at Mary’s Meals
Mary’s Meals (MM) is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates an Early Childhood Development and a Primary School Feeding programme in Kenya. Some of our core values are, Confidence in the innate goodness of people, Respecting the dignity of every human being and family life and good stewardship of resources entrusted to us. In addition to these values, safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults is at the heart of how we work. We desire that all who are part of Mary’s Meals should embed these values, safeguarding and acceptable behaviours that include Simplicity, Service and Stewardship”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the below post:
Programme Delivery Lead (1 Post)
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Programme Delivery Lead to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana County in Kenya.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Programme Delivery Lead will provide strategic leadership to the programme Delivery team and will be an active member of the Global Delivery Forum. The Programme Delivery Lead is responsible for the implementation of the School Feeding Delivery Model (SFDM), data quality assurance and, in close relationship with the Programme Development Lead, will provide key inputs and innovative ideas on how to continuously improve our delivery model.
The post is key to the successful implementation of the school feeding programme in country and will have regular interaction and strategic alignment with key personnel in the MMI Programme Delivery & Operations and Development team and will lead the field based and quality assurance team in support to the Head of Programmes.
Key duties & responsibilities for the role include:
Work in a highly effective and collaborative manner with our global programme delivery and operations staff to support the Head of Programmes in the following key areas:
- Lead on the implementation of the SFDM, policies, procedures and tools, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Ensure the school feeding programme operations are delivered efficiently and effectively in line with the SFDM
- Lead on planning and managing school feeding expansions activities
- Lead on monitoring and evaluate data across all key areas of the programme delivery in collaboration with Programme Development and in line with the global MEL Strategy
- Proactively contribute to programmatic planning, risk management and reporting
- Ensure an ongoing strong communication with Programme Development Team is maintained and delivered so that all stakeholders are well informed on relevant programmatic information
- Ensure robust collaboration with Operations Team in terms of fleet usage, food ordering and deliveries Lead on continually building staff capability to deliver effective programmes through a structured and detailed learning and development approach
- Continually review and refine system and process in collaboration with MMI Programme Delivery and Operations Team
- Define and implement detailed programme delivery reports and dashboards for various management levels, ensuring regular monitoring and clear actions, learnings and recommendations are identified and acted upon
- Provide support and technical advice on the implementation of Mary’s Meals’ SFDM and the Global MEL Strategy together with the Development Team
- Provide support and technical advice to the audit and risk function
Working with others
- Effectively engage key stakeholders and to contribute strongly on the development and implementation of delivery and monitoring processes
- Ensure robust implementation and continual improvement of SFDM tools that lead to enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of our feeding programmes
- Ensure strong, ongoing training and coaching for all stakeholders of Programme Delivery, in close collaboration with our MMI Programme Delivery and Operations Team
- Regularly benchmark other relevant organisations for best practices and emerging opportunities for optimising effectiveness and efficiency of our programme delivery
- Facilitate information sharing across MMK and our global programmes through the Programme Delivery Forum
- Coordinate responses to external audits conducted by MMI Risk & Assurance, liaising with MMI Programme Delivery and Operations and Programme Development as required
- Develop a high-performing, innovative, resilient, and sustainable delivery team through constant coaching, mentoring and role modelling
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
- The role will require to travel to locations in which Mary’s Meals programmes operate
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualification (e.g., social sciences, business administration, logistics) or demonstrable significant experience in a similar role, with 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Strong commitment to Mary’s Meals vision, mission, and values
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to focus on and prioritize key tasks and effectively drive forward and implement agreed actions
- Very good computer literacy with high proficiency in Excel and relevant data processing computer applications.
- Well-developed, interpersonal skills, with the ability to network widely, persuade and influence others
- Highly resilient, self-reliant, and motivated, with the ability to organize own work and prioritize tasks
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in different countries and settings.
- Has a warm, engaging, and inspiring personality, with good networking and interpersonal skills
- Team management experience, including engaging and motivating a team of staff
- Experience of monitoring and reporting against agreed strategy
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject is desirable
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
We are a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
If you want to become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Mary’s Meals is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all of the Mary’s Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement.