Pharmaceutical Officer 1 and Pharmaceutical Technician (3 Post) at MDH February 2023
Pharmaceutical Officer Job Opportunities at MDH 2023
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Region Council; Bukombe, Nyang’hwale, Mbogwe, Geita DC, Geita TC, Chato DC together with Geita Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Officer 1 and Pharmaceutical Technician (3 Post)
Location: Geita DC & GRRH.
Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the storage and dispensing area is clean, safe and conforms to laws governing pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.
- Project consumption estimates for each drug item on monthly basis.
- Make order of drugs from main store of your respective district store according to anticipated Monthly requirements by filling authorized tools i.e., ordering and requisition voucher.
- Receives deliveries and counterchecks and sign off all drug deliveries.
- Keep records of all receipts and issues. Maintain bin card for each item and keep a running balance.
- Store, distribute and control the stock and ensures uninterrupted supply of drugs at all times by ensuring Max-Min stock level of 2/1 Month at all times.
- Redistribute the nearly expiring drugs to sites that can consume them before the expiring dates.
- Controls and separate immediately the damaged and expired drugs from the shelves/cupboard and keep all set aside for destruction.
- Monitor prescriptions from dully authorized prescribers for appropriateness and discrepancies.
- Dispense/refill all prescriptions.
- Provide medication adherence counselling to patients.
- Maintain records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper based and or software.
- Prepare and submit Monthly drugs consumption report which includes stock level and number of patients on ARVs per regimen to district Supply Chain Officer before 5th of the next month.
- Provide drugs information to patients including another member of the clinical staff.
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps patient information and records secure 16. Performa any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Diploma in Diploma in Pharmacy, certificate or equivalent field from a recognized institution.
- Registered/enrolled by the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 10th February 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.