Data Systems Technical Team Lead
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project, or ACHIEVE, is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. These core partners are being supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is seeking a Data Systems Technical Team Lead, based in Dodoma, Tanzania, to manage implementation of Palladium’s portion of the ACHIEVE activity to build capacity of government officials in data analysis and use and strengthen informatics governance with the aim of improving the health and well-being of most vulnerable children (MVC) in Tanzania. MVC programs strengthen child and family resilience and contribute to the acceleration of access to HIV/AIDS treatment for children and to the prevention of HIV among adolescent girls and young women.
Duration: October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Travel: 30% travel (if permitted given COVID situation)
- Manage technical implementation of Palladium’s sub-award under the ACHIEVE activity including planning, budgeting, progress reporting, with support from headquarters.
- Provide technical supervision of field implementation teams including consultants and sub-grantees.
- Support the organization of quarterly meetings of the national MVC M&E TWG meetings including development of agendas, meeting presentations, and minutes documenting action items in collaboration with government stakeholders.
- Provide capacity building to national level government officials and partners around data analysis, review and use to strengthen meeting organization to ensure discussions are translated into action items for performance management.
- Mentor government officials to provide feedback on performance indicators and data quality to local partners
- Implement a standardized methodology for actionable data review processes
- Support the re-design of MVC MIS data dashboards to ensure both central level stakeholders can easily access and interpret priority information which is visualized effectively for decision-making.
- Provide guidance on translating data analysis into action and how to document quality improvement efforts in data use briefs.
- Oversee sustained transfer of aggregate data from partner information systems into the MVC MIS.
- Supervise governance consultant providing technical assistance to Government of Tanzania on strengthening of informatics governance for MVC systems and comprehensive social welfare information systems more broadly.
- A Master’s degree in public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience advising on Monitoring and Evaluation of health programs with preference for OVC or HIV/AIDS programs.
- Ability to fully use or learn the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the Teams collaboration suite.
- Demonstrated capacity for data analysis in Excel; experience with DHIS2 preferred
- Knowledge of project management principles, sub-contract management and staff supervision
- Ability to achieve consensus among senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
CLICK HERE TO APPLY