Operations Manager at Food for His Children (FFHC) January 2023, Ajira mpya, nafasi za kazi, ajira mpya FFHC, nafasi za kazi FFHC, FFHC jobs, FFHC vacancy, FFHC careers
Operations Manager at Food for His Children (FFHC) January 2023
JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
POSITION: PAID (1)
Director of Partnerships & Program Development
Food for His Children (FFHC) is a Christian community development organization working to eradicate extreme poverty in rural Tanzania. We are seeking a strategic and analytical individual for day-to-day program and administrative planning, direction and collaboration.
This position will work closely with the Director of Partnership & Program Development, the US Chief Operations Officer, and the US Executive Director. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the operational and financial aspects of the organization along with devising strategies and procedures to ensure short-term and long-term goals are executed effectively and efficiently.
This position will also be in charge of managing the data associated with each of FFHC’s programs to monitor & evaluate their effectiveness in serving the community. In addition, the Operations Officer will partner with FFHC’s attorney to safeguard FFHC’s legal compliance with Tanzanian law in all the work done by the organization.
Basically, the goal of this position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable program results.
As with all of FFHC’s staff members, our hope is for the Operations Officer to lead through service and example. To be a source of reminder of what Jesus teaches us in John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.” To encourage each team member to commit to fulfilling God’s Kingdom purpose in the work that we do and the lives that we lead.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, tasks, and skills required of people in the position.
Business management and development 60%
- Support and strengthen the ministry so that it can represent Christ and function in a way that uses the resources God has provided in the way He intended. This requires prayer and focus on what God wants for daily operations.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the complete scope of work supporting the organization’s mission and vision to surpass organizational goals
- Assist with strategic planning and organizational goal planning to generate improvements to existing programs and the Farm and Innovation Center and assist with development of new programs
- Utilize strategic planning to maintain high level functioning of the organization while remaining open to new opportunities
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Make high-level decisions about strategies
- Communicates circumstances and events of operations to officers and other appropriate people to keep all apprised
- Partner with the Operations consultant & support the Director in building staff’s capacity and ability – assess their skills and help strategize ways to help them grow within the organization
- Analyze current processes and systems in the Karatu office then work with Operations Consultant & Director to recommend & develop plans for improving operational and administrative efficiency. Initial focus to be on:
- Office administration work flow – identify areas that need improvement o Bookkeeping – daily, weekly, and monthly processes
- Payroll checklist activities – ensure all components required by the government are paid correctly and on time)
- Evaluation of system needs and usage – proper use of equipment, office internet, etc.
- In conjunction with the Operations Consultant, develop process documentation to support key operational functions in Karatu office
- Ensure that financial tracking is being conducted on a regular basis to make sure the Karatu office stays within the approved budget amount
- Once assessment and recommendation are reviewed & approved by the Director and COO, work closely with the Operations Consultant to ensure alignment and smooth execution
- Ensure maintenance and security of equipment and motor vehicles
- Create reports for senior management, government and the Board of Directors
- In collaboration with US & Tanzania leadership, develop & execute new programs as required by the organization’s strategic plan and long-term goals
- In collaboration with US & Tanzania leadership, create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Partnering with the Director & Human Resource Specialist, oversee financial performance and risk profile while ensuring that all of regulatory obligations are met
- Monitor invoices, money handling procedures, accounting, bill payment and bank processes
- Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports
- Support in the management of the organization’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
- Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews
- Implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc. and introduce tactical initiatives to address losses. Fixed asset management
Program evaluation 25%
- Improve methods to analyze data for program impact and evaluation
- Ensure quality metrics are achieved through community development best practices
- Ensure proper data collection and data accuracy
- Analyze organization processes to improve program impact, and staff performance and efficiency
- Support with implementing program design improvements
- Oversight and management of the organization’s Kobo Collect, the web-based database, including data entry, records maintenance and information management
- Evaluate processes for data collection and analysis and make recommendations for improvement
- In coordination with Director and US leadership, create an annual program evaluation plan
Project management 15%
- Oversee and manage special projects as decided by the Board of Directors and Leadership teams in US and TZ
- Partner closely with the Clerk of Works to oversee construction and project management activities for the Farm and Innovation Centre, ensure external
Contractors/vendors/suppliers are abiding by their contractual obligations
- Work with Director to involve the community leaders and district officials as needed
- Assist with establishing and implementing annual plans for departments
- Desire to live and lead like Jesus, or Alignment with Food for His Children’s core values and beliefs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Community Development, Nonprofit Management, Project Planning, Project Management, Accounting or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in Operations or relevant role
- Experience managing a team is highly preferred
- Three or more of the following describe you: strategic, achiever, problem solver, organized, analytical, strives for excellence
- Experience in program monitoring & evaluations
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management and experience working with different cultures
- Experience managing organizational budget and bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of data analysis, performance/operation metrics, IT/Business infrastructure
- Proficient with computers and MS Office, and experience with software platforms like MS Office, Google docs, Survey platforms (Kobo, Google Forms, etc), QuickBooks and other database systems
- High attention to detail and a critical thinker with excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and execute tasks and to manage multiple, high priority tasks
- Self-motivated, self-starter and have the desire and ability to successfully work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong service and work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to contribute to the overall quality and direction of the ministry
- Experience in evaluating, onboarding, training, supervising and motivating employees Valid driver’s license for motorcycles required
How to Apply:
If you are interested and meet these qualifications, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae with contact phone numbers, names and contact information of three referees as well as a copy of a valid driving license to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 20th February, 2023.Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.