NSFAS Appeal Letter and Form for 2023–2024, NSFAS How Does It Work, NSFAS Historic Debt Form, NSFAS Income Requirements, NSFAS Interest Rate, How to Use NSFAS sBUX, NSFAS Job Vacancies, NSFAS Late Application, NSFAS Latest News, NSFAS Opening Date, NSFAS Appeal – Access and Download the 2023–2024 NSFAS Appeal Letter and Form.
NSFAS Appeal Letter and Form for 2023–2024
Appeals for NSFAS 2023–2024 (How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection)
For eligible students, NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries. If your application is rejected, we have information on how to appeal.
For eligible students, NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries. More than 300 000 funding requests were granted last year, while 65 000 were turned down.
If NSFAS rejects your application, you can ask them to reconsider.
An appeal form must be filled out and delivered to the institution’s financial aid office, according to NSFAS, which can be downloaded from its website at www.nsfas.org.za.
Alternatively, students can submit appeals directly to NSFAS, along with the required documentation, to email@example.com.
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- A material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- The student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved postgraduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Students are encouraged to log in to the myNSFAS self-service portal at www.nsfas.org.za to check the status of their applications. For students whose funding applications have been approved, the status will now read “Approved for funding subject to registration” and “Application unsuccessful” respectively.