New Jobs Opportunities at Habitat for Humanity February, 2023
New Jobs Opportunities at Habitat for Humanity February, 2023,Nafasi za kazi, ajira mpya, ajira 2022, ajira tanzania, tanzania jobs,jobs in tanzania,ajiraportal,taesa,
ADMININSTRATIVE AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Job purpose: Habitat for Humanity Tanzania (HFHT) is currently seeking to recruit an Adminstrative and Operations Assistant to provide support to the Tanzania National Office (NO)by managing daily logistics planning tasks and assisting in providing admin support including documentation. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in communication and will be able to assertively tackle issues and handle them from start to finish.
Summary of key functions:
- Administrative and logistical support to the National Office Maintain office records
- Provide financial support
Reports to: Head of the HFHT National Office
Roles And Responsibilities
- Administrative and Logistical Support to the National Office
- Ensure that HFHT National Office receives adequate administrative support such as processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, drafting and typing letters, make copies, prints and scans.
- Purchase requested material and ensure that all purchases related to program activities and specific events are done according to HFHT or HFHI’s policy as the case may be.
- Provide administrative support to programme and operations in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc. including preparing presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations and keep all papers ready for meetings.
- Plan for, obtain and manage venues, finalize menus and transport arrangements for meetings organized by the HFHT including Board meetings.
- Make travel arrangements and bookings, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims; research and obtain visas; produce detailed individual itineraries for participants and program staff at management level, purchase of tickets when necessary.
- Manage the records for travel, passports, permits, pictures, travel preferences and more.
- Link up with Internet service providers and ensure connectivity at all times
- Coordinate the Organisation Executives’ agenda, schedule meetings and other business-related activities as well as make travel.
Documentation, archiving and filing:
- Plan, develop and sets-up document and filing systems: filing of documents, records management, communications (telephone, correspondence), supplies and Program documentation management.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Take and distribute minutes, agendas during Board and other meetings to the relevant target group.
- Manage the frequent updating of contacts, mailing groups and such.
- Ensure Board documents including Minute Book is updated at all times.
Financial Management Support
- To update HFHT Financial transactions records and ensure they are current at any given time during the contract period.
- To support in entering /recording financial data to the SUN system, TRA and other financial systems.
- To reconcile all ledger quarterly.
- To Reconcile all Bank Accounts of HFHT
- To support processing of payments when needed
- To ensure that Statutory deductions including Withholding taxes and others are remitted with the relevant authorities, and certificates are issued
- To support in processing and paying annual statutory fees to the Registrar of NGOs, post box rental fee and webhosting charges to the ISP
- To support in processing payments including through internet banking.
- To support Auditors and ensure that they have everything needed to complete the audit, production of the final Audited Report and entering data into the TRA portal.
- To support financial records keeping including making sure that all financial records are properly filed
- To prepare quarterly financial reports and submit to management and/or present to the Board as may be required
- To provide support and advice in financial related matters as may arise, including supporting Board Committee on Finance.
- To support on preparations of Annual Budgeting using HFHI Template and upload to the SharePoint
Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable minimum of 5 (five) years of professional/academic experience in projects/programmes management on related themes
- Communication: Ability to write clearly and effectively; listen to others, interpret messages correctly and respond appropriately; show openness in information sharing and keep everyone informed;
- Teamwork: Ability to work with teams, demonstrate leadership, conflict management and consensus facilitation skills; ability to work in a multicultural environment, and to respect diversity; willingness and ability to work in difficult environments.
- Previous experience with social media management is an asset;
- Previous experience with donor funded organisations/NGOs is an asset.
- Good computer skills Microsoft Office package, Google package (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Web search engines is required;
- Good handling of technological tools and use of software and online platforms is desirable;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and and updated CV with three referees(as one document) in English to AFRNairobiinfo@habitat.org
Deadline: Closing date for applications is 28th February 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, Public Administration, Programme management, or related field is required, or additional five (5) years of relevant experience to the post, beyond the requirement.