New Job Vacancy at Stable Foods 2023, An agtech startup building ultra-low-cost food production systems within small holder farmer communities in Kenya.
ABOUT STABLE FOODS
Smallholders comprise most of African food production but are trapped in a negative cycle that damages themselves and the planet. They are vulnerable to adverse weather events and climate change, lack capital to invest in the productivity of their land and have limited access to and bargaining power with off takers.
To increase their subsistence income, they often cut down trees to access more land. The result? High food prices and a high rate of deforestation. Stable Foods unlocks smallholders’ potential at scale to produce affordable food for a growing population. To increase yields, Stable Foods offers smallholders an ultra-low-cost, climate-resilient “Irrigation-as-a-Service’-subscription.
This package also includes inputs and implementing regenerative agriculture practices throughout the production cycle. Post-harvest, Stable Foods provides smallholders access to proprietary and proven sales channels, reducing spoilage, storage and distribution costs. Through its sales channels, Stable Foods provides thousands of market women (“mama mbogas”) with affordable, fresh produce, available every day.
About the job
Date: Jan 23, 2023
Hiring: Commercial Consultant
WHO WE ARE:
The mission of Stable Foods is to provide affordable healthy produce for all Kenyans. In order to support our growth, we seek an experienced, mutli-faceted and ambitious, Commercial Consultant to work with Stable Foods to train the team and develop procedures to ensure that our products are sold and distributed to the right places for the right prices.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Commercial Consultant will be responsible for developing and executing Stable Foods’ retail strategy. Main responsibilities will be developing our sales and marketing strategy, managing shop operations, and making connections with buyers in Nairobi. NB: This is a 6-month position, and it is based in Homa Bay County, Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Stable Foods’ retail shops, including hiring, data recording and data management.
- Ensure that sales targets are achieved.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, companywide go-to-market strategy, including sales and marketing goals and activities.
- Conduct market research to inform strategic business decisions, including what crops to plant.
- Establish commercial connections and negotiate with large scale buyers in major cities.
- Train members of the Stable Foods team on all of the above tasks and procedures
- 5+ years prior experience in vegetable/produce sales, shop management, business development and marketing.
- A proven history of successful leadership in commercial roles (sales, marketing, etc.)
- Must be a strategic thinker, independent worker and a have strong negotiation skills.
- Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
- Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Anticipated start date – Feb 15, 2023, anticipated end date – Aug 15, 2023