New Jobs Norwegian Refugee
Jobs in Tanzania 2022 > New Job Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 2022
WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation Tanzania Nyarugusu (National Only)
Tanzania, United Republic of
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships
- Supervise and monitor construction of sanitation facilities (household and institutional latrines)
- Request latrine construction materials from the warehouse in a timely manner, supervise and monitor distribution of latrines construction materials to the beneficiaries.
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the latrine construction materials, assets and tools.
- Monitor proper positioning of the latrines on the site
- Facilitate community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion, in close coordination with the NRC shelter team
- Facilitate effective implementation of sanitation activities which includes supervision and monitoring of latrine construction, fabrication of slabs and ensuring tasks are completed correctly and on schedule
- Conduct latrine coverage assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis.
- Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and reporting; carries out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities
- Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community workers.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings when called upon.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Qualifications New Jobs Norwegian Refugee
- Diploma in Civil engineering or water engineer, or relevant practical experience. Possibly experience in social work and / or humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
Duty station: Nyarugusu Camp, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 3 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
Job Identification 8089
Job Category Engineering
Posting Date 10/03/2022, 03:48 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply
About Us New Jobs Norwegian Refugee
The Norwegian Refugee Council( NRC) is an independent philanthropic organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in heads across further than 31 countries, furnishing extremities and long- term backing to millions of people every time. We stand up for people forced to flee, championing their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of moxie, helps ameliorate transnational and original capability to help, prepare for, respond to and recover from heads. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and championing for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or services that may be host to considerable health, safety and security pitfalls. NRC takes this veritably seriously and we’ve procedures in place to reduce known pitfalls, but will noway be suitable to take down all pitfalls.
About the Team
NORCAP solves crucial challenges in the philanthropic , development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to more cover vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We make hookups and systems with public and transnational organisations and stakeholders. professed NORCAP experts contribute to developing mates ’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, ameliorate collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Apply Before10/14/2022, 0348 PM
New Jobs Norwegian Refugee