New Job Vacancy at First Housing Finance (T) Limited
New Job Vacancy at First Housing Finance (T) Limited
New Job Vacancy at First Housing Finance (T) Limited – Independent Non-Executive Director
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at First Housing Finance (Tanzania) Limited, 2022
INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
First Housing Finance (T) Limited (FHF) is a mortgage financial institution that is regulated by the Bank of Tanzania under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act, 2006. FHF being a mortgage financial institution distinguishes itself from the market by offering the affordable prime lending rates for mortgages in the country, with an improved mortgage tenor from 1 year to 20 years depending on customer cash flow strength and preferences.
First Housing Finance (T) Limited’s Board of Directors would like to invite applications from qualified, knowledgeable, and skilled candidates for the position of Independent Non-Executive Director to join the Board of Directors in enhancing board oversight and Board efficiency.
- The Independent non-executive director shall be a member of a company’s board of directors but not part of the executive team;
- The Independent non-executive directors shall add value by providing creative contribution to the Board by providing independent oversight and constructive contributions to the executive directors;
- The Independent Non-Executive Directors shall be expected to bring his/her independent judgement to proceedings cognizant with business strategy and make sure that risks are managed effectively;
- The Independent Non-Executive Director shall serve as chair of Audit and Risk committee of the Board.
INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To determine FHF vision, mission, and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure FHF survives and thrives and attain financial sustainability
- To govern FHF by broad policies and objectives, as formulated and agreed with Board of directors.
- To assess the performance and effectiveness of the Board as a whole and that of individual directors and Board chairman
- To oversee the audit and risk management function within FHF and the effective management of investor relations
- To regularly attend Board and other important meetings, corporate events and participate effectively and with commitment in Board assignments as well determined in the Board charter
- To keep well-informed about FHF matters, be well- prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
- To build a collegial working relationship with other members of the Board.
- Ensuring that the Board of Directors establishes clear objectives and deliverables as per agreed plans. Regularly review performance against these objectives.
- Supporting and challenging where appropriate, the leadership team to ensure that the Board of Directors conforms to the highest standards of corporate governance and makes appropriate decisions.
- Encouraging the best use of financial resources.
- Bringing an independent perspective to the Board of a company.
- Assisting in the setting of strategy and objectives for the organization.
- Challenging executive directors about the decisions that they make. This includes having the strength to bring a new perspective to the Board discussions.
- Scrutinizing how the management team performs against organizational objectives.
- A Holder of a bachelor’s degree and above in Finance, in accounting, actuarial science, economics, law, or related field.
- A person shall be in possession of professional auditing or accounting qualifications or has previous experience in Board matters for banks and financial institutions in Tanzania and has served as a member in audit or risk committee of the Board.
- A person does not hold any executive or management position in a bank or financial institution.
- A person shall not simultaneously serve as a Board member or in any executive capacity in any bank or financial institution in Tanzania A person does not have, directly or indirectly, a significant interest in FHF including any parent or subsidiary in a consolidated group with the FHF.
- A person has not been employed by the FHF or any of its banking group of which he currently forms part in any executive capacity A person Is not a member of the family of an individual who is, or has been in any of the past three years, employed by FHF or any of its banking group in an executive capacity.
- A person is free from any business or other relationship which seems to interfere with the individual’s capacity to act in an independent manner;
- A person shall not be appointed as a director during the two-year period from the date when such person ceased to be a director of another bank or financial institution unless the permission is obtained from Bank of Tanzania.
- Availability of sufficient time to fully discharge his responsibilities;
- Conviction of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty;
- A person has no involvement as a member of the management and/or Board of directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
- A person with no political exposure;
- Local nationals will be preferred.
- Experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Actuarial Sciences or Audit and Risk management; Knowledge of ICT and audit tools;
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Board member and of a Board Audit or Risk committee.
- Candidates with hands on knowledge and experiences in Tanzania mortgage market shall have an added advantage;
MODE OF APPLICATION:Qualified and experienced candidates are requested to apply with the following:
- An application letter detailing your suitability for the position;
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and awards;
- Certified copies of your current Passport (last two pages);
- Three recent passport size photographs;
- Letters from 2 referees;
- Declaration of indebtedness to Banks.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal Interview/Discussion. Upcountry candidates shall be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interviews. Submission deadline is on 04th November 2022 (Friday). Interested candidates are invited to send their application in soft copies to:
Chief Executive Officer;
First Housing Finance (T) Limited;
P.O. Box 11990;
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;