New Job Opportunity at Sightsavers International, Project Manager- Inclusive Data
New Job Opportunity at Sightsavers International, Project Manager- Inclusive Data
Your Welcome to ajiraonline.com find to our website all your authentic education and job news
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Sightsavers Tanzania 2022– ajiraonline
Jobs 2022 Project Manager- Inclusive Data Sightsavers International Tanzania
Job Title: Project Manager- Inclusive Data
Location: West Africa Region – Senegal, Benin or Guinea Conakry
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions Apply
Specific Hours: Standard Office Hours
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities.
Job location: WARO and ECSA
Reports to: Programme Manager – Inclusive Data Charter
Contract: 2 years fixed term contract
In order to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, we need inclusive data that highlights those who are marginalized and at risk of falling behind so that we can act. Sightsavers has been expanding its work to collect, analyze, and use inclusive data to drive better decisions, track progress, and facilitate knowledge and learning since 2014.
As a champion of the Inclusive Data Charter, we developed our first action plan in 2018 outlining our commitments to strengthen our work on inclusive data in a variety of areas. Since then, our data work has evolved. For example, we are increasingly looking at the intersection of disability and other inclusive data dimensions in our projects and programs, have launched new thematic strategies in 2021, and have strengthened advocacy and influencing work on inclusive data at both the national and global levels.
Increasing our knowledge and expertise on inclusive data remains a strategic priority for Sightsavers, and strengthening the collection, analysis, and use of inclusive data is critical to delivering our health and inclusion thematic strategies. We are updating our Inclusive Data Charter action plan, which will be re-launched externally in 2023, as well as developing an internal work plan that outlines our collectively owned, cross-organizational inclusive data goals and objectives.
The Project Manager-Inclusive Data position combines interests and experience in project management, international development, social inclusion, data, and working with multidisciplinary geographically dispersed stakeholders – all with the goal of expanding and strengthening knowledge, practice, and learning on inclusive data in accordance with our organization’s objectives and commitments to sustainable development.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced project manager to join our Inclusive Data Team, where they will play an important role in scaling up Sightsavers’ inclusive data work and supporting the delivery of our ambitious goals.
The Project Manager – Inclusive Data works collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams across Sightsavers to advance the organisation’s strategic priorities on inclusive data, strengthen practice, understanding and learning on inclusive data and ensure that our work is joined up across the organisation.
Principle accountabilities (specific activities and end results):
- Facilitate engagement on inclusive data working with global stakeholders responsible for the delivery of inclusive data across the different thematic strategies of health and inclusion to build consensus and internal alignment, and ensure that our work is joined up across the organisation.
- Work with relevant Sightsavers stakeholders to review and map team’s projects and initiatives where inclusive data is being incorporated, ensuring that this information is consolidated, shared and disseminated to demonstrate how our collective work on inclusive data is contributing to improving inclusion.
- Manage Sightsavers inclusive data charter action plan and support the development and implementation of an internal work plan that sets out our collectively owned, cross-organisational goals and objectives on inclusive data. Proactively work with relevant internal stakeholders to monitor implementation of agreed plans, addressing risks & issues and reporting on progress.
- Lead the inclusive data stakeholders working group, working with the inclusive data operations and planning coordinator to implement effective processes and mechanisms and maintain engagement of stakeholders through regular group calls and communications.
- Work with inclusive data stakeholders during project design, monitoring and implementation to incorporate inclusive data in their work, support organisational decision making and ongoing learning and improvement.
- Regularly produce and share updates on inclusive data to strengthen practice, understanding and learning across Sightsavers. This includes supporting and facilitating internal knowledge exchange and learning sessions.
- Manage the packaging and dissemination of learning and experience from inclusive data activities internally, to feed into policy briefs, donor reports and for other organisational reporting and communications requirements.
- Work with the Inclusive Data Charter Programme Manager, the Policy and Global Advocacy Directorate and other teams across Sightsavers to proactively identify key external strategic opportunities to build support and engagement with Sightsavers work on inclusive data, including collaborations and partnerships to share learning, knowledge and best practice.
- Represent Sightsavers within external networks and at national, regional and international conferences and symposia to promote Sightsavers’ work on inclusive data.
- Maintain an awareness of external trends, issues and developments in relation to inclusive data, the SDGs and areas of Sightsavers strategic interest (health and inclusion).
- Work planning, including supporting development of budgets, forecasts and reports.
Jobholder entry requirements
- Extensive experience in a relevant field with a background and strong understanding of international development.
- Working knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals, data for development, social inclusion and/or disability essential.
- Extensive experience in project management and stakeholder engagement within the international development sector/not-for-profit sector. In-country experience is an asset.
- Demonstrable knowledge and awareness of international and national data and statistical processes and systems, including understanding of the data lifecycle (design, production, analysis, and use).
- Experience producing analytical reports, information and learning materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to manage complex pieces of work with multiple stakeholders and to produce key deliverables on time.
- Experience in understanding and responding to the complexities of working across multiple countries and continents in an international development organisation.
- Ability to facilitate, deliver and support workshops to strengthen knowledge, capacity and learning.
- Strong networking skills desirable.
- Exceptional project management and communications skills.
- Work planning and resource management.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, stakeholder management, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work in a networked team and with partners around the world virtually and in-person.
- Highly numerate and confident when working with numbers or statistics.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt course of action swiftly to meet emerging organisational needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 13 November 2022