New Job Opportunities at Stromme Foundation February 2023 Introduction This gives hundreds of thousands of people the opportunity to climb out of poverty, every year
New Job Opportunities at Stromme Foundation February 2023
Stromme Foundation is a rights-based development NGO that works towards a vision of a world free from poverty. Our most important interventions in the fight against poverty are education, economic inclusion / job creation and a strong civil society. .
We are a decentralised organisation. With offices in West Africa, East Africa and Asia consisting only of local employees, we work through local partners in 11 countries. We implement our programmes through local partner organisations.
Our Organisational Headquarters is in Kristiansand, Norway, and has a coordinating, capacity building and fundraising role. Around 35 staff work in Kristiansand, and a total of 150 staff work for Stromme Foundation worldwide.
Stromme Foundation is a non-profit, value-based organization, and we want to create a culture where we both live and are motivated by our core values of dignity, justice, and solidarity.
We are opening a new country office in Tanzania and are therefore looking for a Country Director to fill this position. As a leader in this role, you see opportunities, think strategically and work purposefully, while at the same time being able to inspire and motivate your employees. The Country Director must be a Tanzanian national.
We encourage anyone who is eligible to apply.
Scope of the position.
The Country Director will have the overall responsibility for the development, coordination, and implementation of country programs. The Country Director will play a pioneering role in building up new structures, developing new projects, working with, and identifying new potential partners. The Country Director will be Stromme Foundation’s resident representative in Tanzania.
The position will be on a 4-year contract with the possibility for renewal.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s strategies and programs in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for the management of the resources allocated to the Tanzania country office, and ensure that decisions conform to Stromme Foundation’s technical, administrative, and financial policies and procedures
- Participate in the operational work towards the goals for the country office and the organization
- Responsible for the overall compliance with country’s legal and tax requirements
- Be a visible and committed ambassador for Stromme foundation, and represent at national events, including interaction with media
- Cultivate and manage stakeholder relationships(government, private sector, donors, and others) and represent the Foundation’s views and interests in the country
- Be a leader who shows trust and motivates the country team, and empowers them with capacity building and good leadership
- Be a part of Stromme Foundation’s global leadership team
- The position reports to the Secretary General
- Relevant higher education
- At least 7 years of experience from development work
- Good leadership skills
- Management experience
- Understanding of Stromme Foundations development aid approach
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English. Personal qualities
- You are motivated by our mission to fight poverty
- You are a good relationship builder, who promotes collaboration across the organization
- You are friendly and positive, and enjoy making contacts and networking
- You are independent and able to work purposefully and structured in an occasionally hectic working day
- You are analytical and strategic
- You are culturally sensitive and willing to build “one organization” across borders and different offices
The Country Director will report to the Secretary General and will manage the country team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications and CV’s to; email@example.com or to Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, P.0 Box 27200, Kampala, by Sunday March 5th 2023.
If you have any questions about the position. Please reach out to Regional Director for East Africa, Patrick Wajero Oloo 256 781237834
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.