New Job Opportunities at Standard Chartered February, 2023
New Job Opportunities at Standard Chartered February, 2023, Nafasi za kazi,Ajirampya,ajira portal,jobs Tanzania,Tanzania jobs,Jobs at standars chatered
Credit Analyst, Financial Institutions
Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 01/Feb/2023, 1:05:36 PM
Unposting Date: 16/Feb/2023, 2:59:00 AM
The Role Responsibilities
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management.
The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health.
The Client Manager will support the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
Knowledge of Government entities and Banks will be an added advantage.
- Provide direct support to the GAM / FAM for the assigned client portfolio as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with IMO), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance.
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs / RAMs / FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues / concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, IMO, CA, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded.
- Escalate issues / concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant.
Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals / Amendments) and Other
- Liaise with Legal and Compliance, IMO, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes.
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary.
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded / reflected in TP systems.
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner.
- Liaise with COBAM / GAM / FAM if required on CDD related items.
Account Management and Portfolio Quality
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective i.e. correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio.
- Ensure excesses / past dues are regularized on time and cash / cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and GAM / FAM.
- Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports and Failed trades reports with Operations.
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings and Audit Confirmations.
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities.
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (i.e. trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR / ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required.
- Provide support on other projects as assigned i.e. CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives.
- Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting).
- Arrange for stock inspections / valuations as required.
- Ensure adherence to all internal / regulatory policies and regulations.
- Co-ordinate with Operations / GSSC to rectify any operations related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority.
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator [CBK] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Senior Banker / Banker for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie IMO, Credit, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3 years of experience in banking or another relevant environment.
- Risk and AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role.
- Good communication skill
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls (SIF)
- Business – Strategy and Business Model (SIF)
- Business – Market Knowledge (SIF)
- Business – Products and Processes
- Business – Business Partnering
- Information Systems – Applications and PC skills
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.