New Job Opportunities at NBC February, 2023
New Job Opportunities at NBC February, 2023,ajirampya,Nafasi za kazi,Ajira NBC,Ajira tanzania,ajira,tanzana jobs,ajira 2023,jobs in tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Provide specialized products selling largely based on Structured Trade and Commodity Financing to ever growing corporate clients’ base by engaging the Corporate Bankers, focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and income targets and improving customer satisfactions. The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new and existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate and Investment Bank and Business Banking
Contribute towards the business growth and the achievement of sales targets (60%)
- Grow Structured Trade and Commodity Finance portfolio value in line with agreed targets.
- Initiate Structured and commodities Trade Finance deals and work closely with structured team to ensure early closure of the deals
- Ensure you grow the client trade finance business by engaging the bankers in analyzing and selling the best alternative trade finance mix.
- Formulate trade finance strategy to increase wallet share of the clients. Engage the relationship team in determining the best solutions to retain existing clients and acquire new clients.
- Create the suitable structure for the best trade finance products, including end to end process flow between front office and back office functions.
- Negotiate the best price with the view to maximize potential income from trade finance deals. Ensure that at all times you take a view of the big picture in determining prices for clients against the cost of the solution/product.
- Independently receive, solve and recommend practical solutions on Technical trade finance queries for NBC Ltd valued customers.
- Manage communication within the targeted portfolio on NBC Correspondent bank network, tariffs and operational process and procedure.
- Liaise with business bankers and the Foreign Trade Service to deliver seamless after sale service for Trade Finance transactions.
- Actively disseminate NBC ltd Trade Finance Capabilities through business interaction (clients and staff), formal internal/external presentations demonstrating the banks abilities in facilitating trade.
- Manage NBC ltd correspondent banking relationships at a transactional level, route and refer business to preferred correspondents, monitor and generate reports on trade volumes between approved correspondents.
- Ensure trade finance quarterly, semi-annually and annual reviews are conducted on time.
- Report and alert relationship management and trade product team on outstanding liability positions, sales volumes and sales revenues for top corporate banking customers.
- Manage the coordination, establishment, cancellation and customer advices for the top 20 value trade customer base in your portfolio
- Key driver for monthly financial performance team meetings
- Oversee the set target per product. Responsibility over pricing, positioning, service, process and growth.
- Monitor year on year growth amongst top trade customers, through product cross-sell, increased through-put and new leads.
- Reconciliation and corrective action responsibility for accounting of portfolio clients, benchmarking closed pipeline deals/transactions against NBC trade reporting to ensure no income leakage.
- Coordinate end to end collating and analyzing customer information on Trade Finance performance on a monthly basis by customer and relationship manager. Flag customer accounts showing reduced volumes and initiating remedial action through prescribed action plans.
- Monitor, analyze and circulate income/performance reports for specially priced customers vis a vis volume thresholds established by the two Heads Corporate and Business Banking.
- Conduct monthly review of all Trade Finance clients in your portfolio on an ongoing basis to address and provide solutions in instances where reduced volumes are witnessed.
- Monitoring and reporting income earned on non-customers relationships
- Conduct product training to the coverage team and NBC as a whole Risk management (10%)
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for are understood by all relevant stakeholders.
- For audit findings that have an impact on the area, work with the Head to understand what actions are required to close out findings. Implement required actions.
- During scheduled audits and management assurance reviews, ensure that all information required by the auditors are provided timeously.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations.
- Log all Risk and Loss events as a result of error or fraud highlighted in the department. Ensure that the issues are thoroughly investigated and closed or escalated as per policy.
- Ensure that the CIB team understands all Trade compliance related requirements and highlight gaps to the required authority
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to Business management (20%)
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the business unit’s strategy and explain it to coverage team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make.
- Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements to process owners.
- Implement productivity improvement measures by coaching stakeholders on any new processes or on their areas for improvement.
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, Economic and or degree in banking.
- 5 years of experience in dealing with Trade Financing Products and at atleast 3 years experience in dealing with Structured Trade and Commodity Finance or Collateral Management Agreement
Knowledge & Skills:
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Analytical skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Relating and networking
- Negotiating skills
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Banking procedures
Business Improvement Orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)