National Consultant at WHO
National Consultant to review and update a Desk Review and Needs Assessment to identify relevant existing legal frameworks, potential pathways for fiscal and law reform, and stakeholders in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. – (2307747) National Consultant at WHO
- Grade: No grade
- Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 01 MONTH
- Job Posting: Aug 21, 2023, 11:31:23 AM
- Closing Date: Sep 5, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
- Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of
- Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
- Schedule: Full-time
Since 2019, WHO has implemented the Global RECAP program: building regulatory and fiscal policy capacity to promote healthy diets and physical activity (Global RECAP) in collaboration with the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) and International Development Research Center (IDRC). Global RECAP has been implemented since 2019 in 5 focus countries, including Tanzania. The program has now entered a second phase of implementation until July 2025, under which continued support is available to participating countries.
Within Global RECAP, WHO leads the work on capacity-building to strengthen capacity of government officials, regulators, policymakers, academia and civil society to understand, develop and implement (as appropriate) regulatory and fiscal measures that promote healthy diets and physical activity.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- · Strong knowledge of the legal system in Tanzania
- · Fluency in English and Swahili (verbal and written)
- · Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- · Good written, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- · Work experience with the UN and/or International Organizations is desirable
The consultant will work closely with the Ministry of Health – Nutrition and NCDs focal persons; other relevant government Ministries, Agencies and Regulatory authorities and WHO focal point Tanzania Country Office. The Public Health Law and Policies (LAW) team at WHO HQ will also be available to provide specialized technical support to the consultant on request.