Independent Non – Executive Director at Tandahimba Community Bank (TACOBA) May 2023- Nafasi za kazi Vacancies Tandahimba Community Bank (TACOBA) jobs 2022. Tandahimba Community Bank Plc, TACOBA is a profit-making Community Bank
Nafasi za Kazi Tandahimba Community Bank (TACOBA)- Independent Non – Executive Director
Tandahimba Community Bank Plc (TACOBA) is a Community Bank established in December 2005 under the Companies Act, 2002 of the United Republic of Tanzania and started its operations on 10th December 2008. The Bank is engaged in the business of banking and provision of related services.
The Board of Directors invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who must be a shareholder to fill one position of Independent Non-Executive Director to represent the shareholders of the Bank.
The names of qualified candidates will be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for election.
- A professional banker, lawyer, accountant, Insurance or accomplished entrepreneur.
- Management experience and knowledge in economics, finance, accounting, rural development, agriculture and cooperatives.
- Applicants are required to observe the requirements of Article 108 of the Tandahimba Community Bank Plc Memorandum and Articles of Association and Section 70 of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act which, amongst other things, provide for the qualifications that are required for applicants to possess.
- The applicant should not be a politician, bankrupt, under 21 years of age.
RECOMMENDED: Cost Accountant at Coca Cola Kwanza May 2023
- Article 105 of the Bank’s MEMARTS states that “The Board of Directors shall have full executive powers and functions of the Company, responsible to the Shareholders’ General meeting.
The Board of Directors shall have the following duties in addition to those bestowed upon it by the Act.
- (1) To formulate the policies and strategies as will be recommended by the General Manager
- (2) To enter into contract with other institutions.
- (3) To assure that the accounting system is maintained in accordance with acceptance standards and the books of the Company are kept properly, and that the accounts are checked by authorized auditors.
- (4) To make annual reports on the business in general and future plans of the Company ready for presentation to the Shareholders General meetings.
- (5) To make regulations as it will be deemed fit for the proper management of the Company.
- (6) To be appointing authority of the General Manager, Senior Management and the Internal Auditor.
- (7) To recommend to the Annual General Meeting and external auditor for the Company.
- (8) Any other duties stipulated under the law.
- Section 70 of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act states that “No member of the management of the Bank who exercises decision making authority with respect to the exercise of any supervisory authority regarding the Bank or financial institutions may hold any office, position or employment in any bank or financial institution while serving as member of management and during the two-year period from the date when such a member ceases to be a member of management”.
Mode of Application
- Any Tandahimba Community Bank Plc shareholder who wishes to be elected as an Independent Non-Executive Director must submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards, two passport size photographs, certified copies of the last page of their passports, National Identity Card (NIDA), letters of recommendation from 3 references and declaration of indebtedness to banks.
- Notification of receipt of application and other details will be sent to all applicants upon receipt of the applications. Applications must be received by 4.00 p.m. on Friday, 9th June, 2023. Applicants can also send their applications through email@example.com
The contact for communication is:
- The Secretary
- Tandahimba Community Bank Plc
- Plot 539 BLOCK C, Namikupa Road
- P O Box 6, Tandahimba
READ ALSO: Various HALMASHAURI Jobs May 2023