Project Manager at Enabel April, 2023 – Are you looking for Nafasi za kazi Belgian Development Agency (ENABEL),nafasi za kazi enabel: Learn more about Belgian Development Agency (ENABEL) and its vacancies, take a look and apply to Belgian Development Agency “ENABEL“
Enabel is the development agency of Belgium’s federal government, implementing Belgium’s international development policy. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, it carries out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. Enabel currently operates in 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel’s mission is to contribute to building a sustainable world where people live under the rule of law and are free to thrive. Its 2030 Strategy highlights the agency’s ambition to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by addressing 5 ‘Global challenges’: Peace and Security, Climate Change, and the Environment, Social and Economic Inequality, Urbanization, and Human Mobility. In its search for adapted solutions, it considers the inevitable ongoing population explosion, and strongly believes in empowering women and youth.
Within the framework of the 2021-2027 Multiannual Indicative Programme for Tanzania and more specifically the action document developed on ‘Green and Smart cities sasa’ component, the EU-delegation (EUD) in Tanzania requested Enabel, the Belgian development agency to elaborate an action for component 3.2 and 3.3 of the programme, namely the support of a sustainable local economy through the support to skills and sustainable value chains and the non-financial and financial ecosystem in 2 cities (Mwanza and Tanga) and Pemba Island.
This action was developed and focuses on the following outcomes:
- Availability and usage of quality Business Development Services and accessible financial services and capital investment in key economic sectors improved.
- The value chains of key economic sectors are strengthened through improved access, relevance and quality of skills development and entrepreneurship promotion.
The intervention manager is in charge of the overall coordination of the programme and will be the lead of the programme intervention unit (PIU)which also comprises a thematic expert access to finance, an expert in digital entrepreneurship and an expert in vocational training.
Your tasks and responsibilities as the intervention manager include the following:
- Be the ‘face’ of the Green and inclusive cities Sasa programme and represent the programme at national and international level.
- To Assure good coordination of the programme. This concerns the organization of annual steering committees with national partners, the coordination of the different implementing partners (quarterly coordination meetings) and assure a good reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the programme (see sections on governance and monitoring and evaluation).
- Stimulate learning and exchange about circular economy and green smart cities and inclusive economy: Enabel will support a peer-to-peer learning network, where representatives from the private sector share their obstacles and lessons learned and learn from each other in the most direct and practical way.
- Be a promoter of the green and circular economy: The action will invest in awareness raising and training regarding the possibilities of the green and circular economy. Through learning events and exchanges, city council staff will be exposed to the opportunities of a green and circular economy.
The Project Manager reports to Resident Representative. Join Our Whatsapp / Telegram Group
Required qualifications and experience
- Tanzanian national
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Economics or any similar related field.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in managing complex programmes with budgets over 5M euros.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in Government or private sector development initiatives with a focus on the creation and development of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises..
- You have relevant experience in the field of financing companies. Practical experience in business development services and a good understanding of entrepreneurship ecosystems are essential for this position;
- You have a wide network in the finance and business development services industry.
- You have knowledge about impact funds and guarantee funds operating in Tanzania.
- You have proven interest in green and circular economy and have developed a vision of its significance in the Tanzanian context.
- You have experience in formulating, executing, monitoring and evaluating development projects and/or programs;
- Experience in setting up support and financing companies is an added advantage.
- Experience in working with an European Funded Projects (EU) is an added advantage.
- Experience in working with Belgian Government Funded Program is an added Advantage.
Required skills and knowledge
- You are a team player and can make people work together on a common goal.
- You have a good knowledge of pro-active multi-actor partnership building and knowledge management
- You are gender sensitive and able to work in mixed national international teams
- You have a good knowledge of digital for development, as well as in preparing technical or strategy documents
- You have a broad and in-depth understanding of the diverse aspects of development cooperation and sustainable development ;
- You have an excellent knowledge of project management, of European funding rules and experience in European funded projects or programmes ;
- You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili/English.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- A fascinating job in an international environment.
- A contract of 36 months. You are based in Dar Es Salaam Region with frequent travels to Tanga and Mwanza Regions in Tanzania Mainland and Pemba Island in Zanzibar.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you interested?
Apply here online at the latest by 14 May 2023 and include your application letter and updated CV (Max 3 pages), academic certificate and certificate of Services from previous Employers.
Only applications submitted via our on-line portal will be considered.