Executive Assistant to the Managing Director Job at Diageo 2023 – job Nafasi za kazi Diageo · HR Business Partner at Diageo 2023 · Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Diageo careers.
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of Role
We are seeking an experienced and professional Executive Assistant to support our Managing Director and other Executive Directors in the day-to-day provision of comprehensive administrative and organizational support, managing daily operations (and follow-ups where necessary), and ensuring the smooth running of the Managing Director’s office. This role exists to ensure that the MDs office functions efficiently and effectively by managing their schedule, handling correspondence, and performing various other tasks.
In addition, this role will oversee the head office reception and coordination of all travel & hotel accommodation for the executive directors, business guests and related requests. Join Our Telegram Group here
Executive Support (70%)
- Act as the first point of contact for the Managing Director, managing their calendar, schedule and responding to emails, calls, and messages (where necessary)
- Extensive diary management including meetings with internal and external stakeholders, board members, and other appointments and commitments
- Prepare presentations, reports and correspondence for the Managing Director, using advanced computer skills and knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Office Suite (knowledge of MS Projects will be an advantage)
- Provide secretariat support. Coordinate and attend meetings, take minutes and distribute notes, ensuring follow up on action points
- Arrangement, coordination, and management of the MD’s office
- Ensure the Executive Directors are fully prepared for all upcoming commitments including necessary briefings
- Read and analyze incoming correspondence memos, submissions, queries and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution to relevant department.
- Conduct research and provide analysis on industry trends, competitors and other business-related information where necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including senior executives, clients, partners and suppliers (including counterparts in other locations)
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information and handle any other ad hoc tasks as needed
- Project management and other duties as directed.
Administrative Support (30%)
- Maintain filing system and databases (including IAI).
- Manage budgets and expenses for the Managing Director including expense reports, reconciliations and reimbursements
- Manage complex travel arrangements, itineraries and logistics for the Managing Director, other Executive Directors and business guests
- Organize events, conferences, and other company functions, including catering and logistics
- Support and coordinate departmental staff team activities (Team Building, Strategy Sessions etc.) as assigned
- Meeting Rooms Management – booking & tidiness
- Accountable for the head office reception
- Bachelor’s degree graduate from recognized institution
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role with a proven track record of supporting C-level executive(s) in a fast-paced environment and mid-sized/large organization(s)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively, with a proactive and solution-oriented approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
- Professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in all aspects of the role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, telephony and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverages industry would be an asset