Methods Officer Jobs at TotalEnergies
Methods Officer Jobs at TotalEnergies
About Us / Company Profile
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. www.total.com
In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
About the job
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Due Diligence Compliance
- Maintain an extensive understanding and assist to reinforce the implementation of TEPU’s Due Diligence rules on a day-to-day basis throughout the different functions.
- Work closely with C&P Team and Compliance Team to ensure active vendor compliance to the Due Diligence process.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing TEPU Suppliers panel; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Capitalize information and communicate Vendors Due Diligence status to our Internal stakeholders within our Internal databases of Information.
- Promote and implement the Compliance Program of the Group through Third-Party Due Diligence audits.
Update of Processes / Procedures / Key Performance monitors and particularly;
- Draft, update and implementation of referential procedures and the Group Company Rules relating to procurement activities.
- Ensure consistency and keep updated C&P local referential and its respect by users.
- Implement the archiving policy for all supply chain documentation within the defined storage locations in affiliate and Group and keep updated an archiving tracker of the C&P entity.
- Conduct induction sessions for onboarding new personnel within the affiliate and external stakeholders to increase knowledge of the supply chain processes and values of the affiliate.
- Implement and follow-up action plans related to audit findings.
Oversee Markets Intelligence/monitoring
- Gather and process information on purchasing, markets regionally and with local suppliers.
- Conduct regional and local market surveys to establish an understanding of the supplier market per category with a view to supporting the National Content team with improved Local content maximization, drive the registration to the Petroleum National Supplier Database wider pool of strategic partners that improve the supply chain performance.
- Support Buying and Contracts engineers when performing market studies.
- Implement an efficient Supplier management process within the affiliate through pre-qualification rounds, performance monitoring, promotion of progressive qualification of local suppliers in line with National Content targets for sourcing locally available goods and services.
- Improve and keep updated the supplier pre-qualification process/procedures in line with the Group referential and best industry practices.
- In collaboration with TGP division, participate in the development of a reference supplier database for the Group.
- Maintain a local supplier data base to support market intelligence, trends analysis and selected procurements.
- Support contracts engineers when performing supplier evaluations and remain accountable for the proper record keeping of the outcome of the evaluation exercises.
- Identify of the affiliate ten top suppliers and coordinate with the Contracts and Buying teams to perform the annual performance evaluation of these identified.
- Develop quarterly third-party Due Diligence status and trends reports and submit to C&P Manager, Affiliate Compliance Manager and Group Audit team.
- Follow up the update and alignment of affiliate C&P procedures with Group referential and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the internal communication between C&P and other entities of the affiliate for procurement matters
- In liaison with the National Content team, support quarterly supplier development engagements
- Liaise with the TGP division about procurement activities and promote exchange of information with the other Affiliates and with the external entities about procurement activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Procurement, or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in a business, legal or commercial role. Experience in contracts & procurement function in the Oil & Gas Industry is an added advantage.
- Very good knowledge of Supplier category management is also an added advantage.
- Advanced Management and Human Relations, Planning and problem solving oriented, strong organization and coordination skills, excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced level in Contracts technical Competencies required.
- Good written (drafting) and verbal communication skills.
Procurement General Responsibilities, Procurement Process, Procurement Support
Region, department, area
Experience Level Required
Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years
Exploration and Production