Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Vacancies Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
1.Infection And Prevention Control (IPC) Supervisor
Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff As integrated project MSF is working in collaboration with MOH staff of 7 selected health facilities in the disctrict. The IPC supervisor is expected to collaborate and follow the infection prevention activities in four health centres and three dispensaries. As such: Together with MOH staff ensure the implementation and use of protocals, guidelines, on IPC in the health centres and Dispensaries Improve the sterilization techniques of medical equipment mostly in the health Centres and Dispensaries o Develops a plan for training of the MOH staff according to an evaluation of competencies and needs and carries it out in accordance with the set plan.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Vacancies
Meets with the project medical referent on a regular basis to give updates on the status of the medical activities supported by MSF in MOH facilities and establish objectives for the coming period. Submit monthly report of IPC activities to the PMR. In consultation with MWAM plan(schedule) for regular visits of the health centers and dispensaries. Supervising the proper distribution of IPC materials, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitoring inventories, together with the MWAM, MOH matrons/ Patrons and other health facility in charge.
2. Supervisor Medical Data Entry
Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database. Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected As integrated project MSF is working in collaboration with MOH staff of 7 selected health facilities in the disctrict. The Supervisor Medical Data Entry is expected to collaborate and follow the medical data activities in three health centres and four dispensaries. As such: Assess training needs of the team working on data and prepare training to improve the quality of data for the project.
- In collaboration with MOH data officer, ensure the data registered in the the facilitiess are available Ensure data process is well respected from registration, data collection and entry in the DHIS, Report on any data irreguraties noted during the data for process Ensure confidentiality of data and ensure that only authorised person have access to the data.
3.Nursing Team Supervisor
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action
As integrated project MSF is working in collaboration with MOH staff of 7 selected health facilities in the disctrict. The Nursing Team Supervisor is expected to collaborate and follow the nursing activities in three health centres and four dispensaries. As such:
Together with MOH staff ensure the implementation and use of protocals, guidelines, algorithms of BEmONC and CEmONC etc in the health centres and Dispensaries Improve the sterilization techniques of medical equipment mostly in the health Centres and Dispensaries o Facilitate and follow the waste segregation and disposal in the health centres and dispensaries, participate in trainings together with HP supervisor and MWAM
4. Project Pharmacy Manager
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices. As an integrated project MSF is supporting 7 MOH facilties (1 hospital 3 health centers and 3 dispensaries in managing in case of stock out for maternal and children health under 5 years. Thus MSF provides medical supplies to these health facilities through donation. MSF does not directly dispense drugs to individual patients. As Project Pharmacy Manager:
- Facilitate donation of drugs and medical supplies as per PMR validation Manage capacity building of the team Take lead during international/local medical order and reception of supply from coordination o Monitor the stock cards and isystock, and together with pharmacy team perform monthly inventory. Update the PMR and MedCos on stock report using MSF tool. Submit department report to PMR on time o Follow up of supervision of medical supplies at end user units at all levels
5. Project Coordinator Assistant
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management, and coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Represent MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiate on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assist in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitor, analyse and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the PC and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintain the security database and provide a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assist in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participate in the development of security plans o Assist the PC in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
How to Apply
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday, January 8th 2024 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “IPC SUPEVISOR”. Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or at MSF office situated in Liwale, Lindi.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org